|• Body||South Delhi Municipal Corporation|
|• Member of Parliament||Parvesh Singh Verma|
|• Member of Legislative Assembly||Dhanwati Chandela|
|• Total||1.961 km2 (0.757 sq mi)|
|Elevation||219.6 m (720.5 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi, Punjabi, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||West Delhi|
Rajouri Garden is a market and residential neighbourhood in West Delhi, India. Named after the town of Rajouri in Jammu and Kashmir, it is one of the 3 subdivision of West Delhi district. The Main Market and Nehru Market are the key markets of the area. The population is largely Punjabi who migrated to Delhi following the Partition of British India from Pakistan in 1947.Rajouri garden is also famous for rapper Raftaar. The postal code of Rajouri Garden is 110027.
Rajouri Garden is also home to many western-style indoor shopping malls. These malls are located next to the Rajouri Garden Delhi metro stops. The malls include TDI Mall, TDI Paragon Mall, Shoppers Stop, City Square, West Gate Mall, and Pacific Mall.
Surrounding areas to Rajouri Garden are : Khyala village, Mayapuri, Tagore Garden, Subhash Nagar, Shivaji Enclave, Shivaji Vihar, Raja Garden, Vishal Enclave, Punjabi Bagh, Hari Nagar, Kirti Nagar, Tagore Garden, Ramesh Nagar, and Moti Nagar. The neighborhood is known for the passion of cars amongst its residents. The private bungalows in A, B, C, D, F, G, H, M, N, T blocks having the number of private houses and the Red, Green and Yellow DDA Apartments as well.
It shares its name and is probably named after "Rajouri" which is a district of Jammu region in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir.
The area includes several schools and colleges including:
- Govt. Boys Senior Secondary School (Rajouri Main)
- Govt. Boys Senior Secondary School (Rajouri Extn.)
- Sarvodaya Kanya Vidyalaya (Rajouri Main)
- Sarvodaya Kanya Vidyalaya (Rajouri Extn.)
- New Era Public School (in Mayapuri)
- Guru Nanak Public School
- Saraswati bal mandir school
- Cambridge Foundation School
- Shadley Public School
- Rajdhani College
- Shivaji College
- Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology
Rajouri Garden is serviced by the Rajouri Garden metro station of the Delhi Metro, Blue Line and Pink line. Also, it also has a DTC Bus Station nearby and people can go towards Uttam Nagar, Janakpuri, Dwarka, Palam, Kashmere Gate, Narela, Punjabi Bagh, Dhaula Kuan, and other far-flung places. Two exits of the Tagore Garden metro station also lead to Rajouri Garden, notably to Block J and Green/Red MIG Flats. Rajouri Garden is an interchange station of the current Blue Line and the newly made Pink Line of the Delhi Metro Network in 2018 with the nearest metro station at Mayapuri. It will benefit passengers from Rajouri Garden and its surrounding areas to go to places located in North and East Delhi instantly. Currently, going towards North or East Delhi ranges between 60–90 minutes. The new line will drastically reduce the time between 30–45 minutes.
Rajouri Garden constituency is divided into four Municipal corporations wards. following is the list of wards and the respective Councillors (elected in 2017)
- Rajouri Garden (ward number 005-S): Sh. Balram Kumar Oberoi
- Tagore Garden (ward number 006-S) : Smt Kiran Chadha
- Vishnu Garden (ward number 007-S) : Sh. Satpal Kharwal
- Khyala (ward number 008-S): Ms.A Priya Chandela A
In popular culture
- "Pincode of Rajouri Garden New Delhi_".
- MobileReference (1 January 2007). Travel Delhi, India: Illustrated Guide and Maps. MobileReference. pp. 442–. ISBN 978-1-60501-051-9.
- "West District". Government of Delhi. Retrieved 24 January 2019.
- "Bursting with creativity". MiD DAY. 21 March 2014. Retrieved 21 March 2014.