This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Zodiak Productions (2008-2010)|
Zodiak Entertainment (2010–2012)
Zodiak Media Group (2012-2016)
|Fate||Acquired by and folded into Banijay Group; some assets retain the Zodiak name|
|Parent||De Agostini (2007-2016)|
Banijay Group (2016-present)
Zodiak Media was a French independent production company of factual, drama and kids' programming that has operated in 15 countries through 45 companies.
Zodiak Media was formed through successive acquisitions by the Italian publishing group De Agostini, the first being that of Magnolia (Italy and Spain) and Marathon (France) in 2007.
In 2008, the group re-branded itself as Zodiak Entertainment after the acquisition of Zodiak TV (Nordics, Eastern Europe, Russia).
In 2010, the company rebranded itself as Zodiak Media, following the acquisition of the RDF Media Group, one of the UK's largest independent production and distribution companies with operations in the UK and the US. Zodiak Kids (now a Banijay Group company), the group's division dedicated to kids and family programming, was created in 2014.
- Adventure Line Productions
- History Rights Reserv
- Santamonica 23 Productions Inc
- Zodiak Rights
- Comedy Demon Limited
- Dangerous Ltd.
- Marathon Media
- The Foundation
- Yellow Bird Productions
- SOL Production Pvt LTD
- Zodiak Media Ireland
- "Home". Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- "Content Production / Distribution". Gruppo de Agostini. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- Sweney, Mark "RDF Media sold to Zodiak Entertainment", The Guardian, Wednesday 2 June 2010. Retrieved on 27 November 2012.
- "Zodiak and Banijay finalize merger". Retrieved 2019-08-23.