|Quitman High School|
6275 Heber Springs Road West
|NCES District ID||0511880|
|NCES School ID||051188000947|
|Number of students||324 (2016-17)|
|USNWR ranking||Bronze Medalist|
Quitman High School is a comprehensive public junior/senior high school for grades seven through twelve serving the community of Quitman, Arkansas, United States. Quitman High School is the only high school managed in rural Cleburne County by the Quitman School District.
The assumed course of study follows the Smart Core curriculum developed by the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE). Students complete regular (core and career focus) courses and exams and may select Advanced Placement (AP) coursework and exams with the opportunity for college credit. Quitman is associated with the Conway Area Career Center to support the students' career and technical education needs.
The Quitman High School mascot is the bulldog and black and gold serve as the school colors. For the 2012–2014 seasons, the Quitman Bulldogs participated in the 2A-5 Conference. Competition is primarily sanctioned by the Arkansas Activities Association with the Bulldogs competing in baseball, basketball (boys/girls), cheer, football, golf (boys/girls), softball, and track and field.
The 2A-5 Conference consists of:
- Conway Christian
- Cutter Morning Star
- Magnet Cove
- Mount Ida
- Mountain Pine
In the 2016-17 season, the Quitman High Lady Bulldogs won their first state championship, beating Hector Lady Wildcats 66-36, after having lost in the semi-finals last a year prior to the same team.
- "QUITMAN HIGH SCHOOL". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 28, 2019.
- "Search for Public Schools - Quitman High School (051188000947)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved August 21, 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Quitman School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved August 21, 2012.
- "Best High Schools 2012 Report, Quitman High School". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- "2012-14 AAA Classifications and Conferences" (PDF). Arkansas Activities Association. Archived (PDF) from the original on December 19, 2013. Retrieved August 21, 2012.
- "School Profile, Quitman High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Retrieved August 21, 2012.
- "2016-17 high school girls basketball state champions". MaxPreps. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on October 25, 2018. Retrieved October 25, 2018.