The Quincy Amtrak station in February 2016.
|Location||North 30th Street and Wisman Lane|
|Owned by||City of Quincy|
|Line(s)||BNSF Railway Brookfield Subdivision|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Connections||Quincy Transit Lines|
|Passengers (2017)||40,869 0.7%|
Quincy is an Amtrak intercity train station in Quincy, Illinois, United States. The station is one of the namesake stations of the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad (CB&Q), but today serves as the western terminus of Amtrak's Illinois Zephyr and Carl Sandburg trains. It was built in 1985 and was modeled after a former streetcar station of the early 20th Century. Previously, the Illinois Zephyr crossed the Mississippi River into West Quincy, Missouri after stopping in Quincy; indeed, the Quincy station was built due to West Quincy being frequently cut off by flooding. The decision to build a station on the Illinois side proved to be prescient when the Great Flood of 1993 destroyed the West Quincy station.
The city has received $6 million to build a new intermodal terminal closer to downtown. In addition to serving as an Amtrak station, it would become the city's Burlington Trailways station and a transfer hub for Quincy Transit Lines. The location has not been finalized yet, but the planners currently favor a terminal near 2nd/Oak intersection, at the site of the city's original train station. However, the funds would not be enough to cover any new rail, which would limit the planners' options.
Quincy Transit Lines: Route 4 (Monday-Saturday only)
- "Amtrak in Illinois 2015-2017" (PDF). Rail Passengers Association. January 2018. Retrieved 12 June 2018.
- Quincy, Illinois Station (QCY) Great American Stations (Amtrak)
- Quincy to get $6 million in state money to build transit/Amtrak intermodal terminal By MATT HOPF Archived July 25, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on October 5, 2011. Retrieved January 17, 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Quincy, IL – Amtrak
- Quincy Amtrak Station (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
- Quincy (QCY)--Great American Stations (Amtrak)
|This Illinois train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|