|Parent company||Hodder & Stoughton|
|Founder||Mark Smith and Wayne Davies|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Imprints||MacLehose Press, Jo Fletcher Books, riverrun|
Quercus is known for its lists in crime (publishing such authors as Elly Griffiths, Philip Kerr, Peter May, Peter Temple), its MacLehose Press imprint (headed by Christopher MacLehose), which publishes translated (often prize-winning) works by authors such as Philippe Claudel, Stieg Larsson, and Valerio Varesi, its literary fiction titles (including by Kimberley Freeman, Prajwal Parajuly) and its Jo Fletcher Books imprint, which publishes science fiction, fantasy, and horror.
Smith and Davies had previously worked together at the Orion Publishing Group.
- Shaffi, Sarah (25 March 2014). "Hodder buys Quercus". The Bookseller.
- Gardner, Anthony (2010). "Christopher MacLehose — The champion of translated fiction who struck it rich with Stieg Larsson (interview)". anthonygardner.co.uk.
- Clark, Nick (6 August 2010). "The publishing house that Stieg Larsson built". The Independent.
- Campbell, Lisa (17 May 2011). "Quercus publisher of the year at The Bookseller Industry Awards". The Bookseller.
- Jones, Philip (3 March 2010). "Indie publishers put books on Bloomsbury's digital library shelf". The Bookseller. Retrieved 3 March 2010.
- Cowdrey, Katherine (10 March 2016). "Quercus launches new 'upmarket' imprint: Riverrun". The Bookseller. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- Quercus Official website
- Official Jo Fletcher Books website
- Official MacLehose Press website
- Quercus catalogue
|This article about a publishing company in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|