|Queen of Babylon|
|Directed by||Carlo Ludovico Bragaglia|
|Screenplay by||Carlo Ludovico Bragaglia |
|Music by||Renzo Rossellini|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox (US)|
Semiramis, a simple keeper of goats, is taken to Babylon for having lodged Amal, the leader of the Chaldeans, pursued by King Ashur. She is noticed by the latter who would like to make her his favorite. But the beauty has thoughts only for her attractive Amal who managed to escape and comes to visit her discreetly at the palace. Captured again, Amal escapes death thanks to Semiramis who gives in to the king and he finds himself with his compatriots to toil in the quarries. The deceit of Sibari, the Prime Minister, will change his fate
- Rhonda Fleming as "Semiramis"
- Ricardo Montalban as "Amal"
- Roldano Lupi as "Assur"
- Carlo Ninchi as "Sibari"
- Tamara Lees as "Lysia"
- Furio Meniconi as "Bolgias"
- Gildo Bocci
- I Am Semiramis (1963)
- War Gods of Babylon (1962)
- List of historical drama films and series set in Near Eastern and Western civilization
- Hawkins, Robert F. (January 2, 1955). "NOTED IN THE BUSTLING ITALIAN FILM STUDIOS / Expatriates". The New York Times. Retrieved June 10, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)