|Industry||IT services, IT consulting|
Number of employees
The Pythian Group, Inc., commonly known as Pythian, is a Canadian multinational corporation that provides data and cloud-related services. The company provides services for Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Hadoop, Cassandra and other databases and their supporting infrastructure. It also provides transformation services that include cloud migration services, cloud managed services and analytics data platform design and management products and services. Pythian has partnerships with major public cloud vendors including Amazon, Google and Microsoft.
They are a Google Cloud Premier Partner and also a Google MSP Partner. They are also a Microsoft Gold Partner and hold a number of competency accreditations from Microsoft. Pythian is also listed as an AWS Partner Network Advanced Consulting Partner.
Between 2017 and 2018, Pythian's senior management voiced their support for a Ontario pay initiative. The basic income was canceled by newly elected Doug Ford in 2018. Paul Vallée co-authored a letter from 100 leading CEO's in the area, asking for the basic income to be reintroduced.
Products and services
Pythian is the creator of Adminiscope, a privileged access management and supervision product named in Database Trends and Applications Magazine's Trend-Setting Products for both 2014 and 2015. Adminiscope permits service providers that deliver their services remotely an additional differentiator and revenue stream by offering its security, audit and replay features to customers.
Blackbird is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Pythian Group, following its acquisition in 2014. The DevOps and data services provider acquisition meant that Pythian was one of the largest open-sourced database managed service companies globally.
Kick Analytics is a service provided by Pythian. It is a cloud-native end-to-end enterprise data platform solution that breaks down data silos, and assists with infrastructure management, data collection, organization, and transformation. It uses GCP services and open-source technologies for scalable and elastic operations. The result is better business insights and data science exploration tools.
In 2018, Pythian announced they were launching Tehama, a new SaaS product. The software aims to make it easier for corporations to securely manage third-party vendors and freelancers and also integrate them into the corporation's working environment. It aims to solve common problems such as secure outbound connectivity, mailing out laptops or monitoring work activity. The SaaS product was formed as a subsidiary startup of The Pythian Group.
- AWS Partner Network Advanced Consulting Partner
- DevOps Competency, Migration Competency, AWS Launch Partner for RDS migration tool
- Gold Microsoft Partner
- Microsoft Gold Data Platform Competency
- Microsoft Gold Datacenter Competency
- Microsoft Gold Application Development Competency
- Microsoft Silver Cloud Platform Competency
- Winner: 2018 Microsoft Canada IMPACT Awards: Application Innovation Award Category
- Google Cloud Platform Premier Partner
- Data Analytics Specialization, Machine Learning Specialization, Cloud Migration Specialization, Infrastructure Specialization
- Google MSP Partner
- Platinum Worldwide Partner
- Datastax Partner Network Gold Level 
- MapR Certified Consulting Partner
- Hortonworks Bronze Partner
- Cloudera Systems Integrator Partner
Awards & Recognition
Pythian was named in Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers of 2015. In 2013 and 2014 they received the Global Outsourcing 100 Rising Star by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals.
Pythian was ranked 91st on the Branham Group Inc's list of 2015 Top 250 Canadian ICT Companies 
- "Pythian Acquires Blackbird.io to Expand Data Management Services".
- Monsebaaten, Laurie (October 18, 2018). "100 Canadian CEOs urge Doug Ford to rescue Ontario's basic income project". Toronto Star.
- "Can Canada Lead the way on Data Privacy". The Globe and Mail.
- "Why 100 CEOs are asking Doug Ford to bring back basic income". Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.
- "Trend-Setting Products in Data and Information Management for 2015".
- "Pythian's Adminiscope Named a Trend-Setting Product of 2014 by Database Trends and Applications".
- "Database Trends and Applications Trend-Setting Products 2015".
- "Pythian Offers Service Providers a New Monitoring Tool".
- "Pythian Broadens Data Management Services with Blackbird.io Acquisition". DBTA. June 26, 2014.
- "Ottawa's Pythian launches Tehama to secure enterprise connections to global workers". Ottawa Business Journal. August 31, 2018.
- "Techopia Live: Pythian side business Tehama secures the international workforce". Ottawa Business Journal. September 27, 2018.
- Jackson, Brian (September 11, 2018). "Pythian to launch SaaS platform Tehama as a startup". IT World Canada.
- "Amazon Web Services Partner Network".
- "Cohesity storage program extends to managed services providers". TechTarget.
- "Google Cloud Platform Service Partner Directory".
- "OPNSC The Pythian Group Inc".
- "Datastax Partner Network: Consulting & Services Partners".
- "MapR Partner Directory".
- "Hortonworks Partners".
- "Cloudera Partners".
- "Canada's Top 100 Employers".
- "National Capital Region's Top Employers".
- "PYTHIAN NAMED A 2013 GLOBAL OUTSOURCING RISING STAR".
- "The 2014 Global Outsourcing 100 SUB-LISTS".
- "2014 GLOBAL OUTSOURCING 100 RISING STAR".
- "Branham Group 2015 Top 250 Canadian ICT Companies".