|Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat|
|Directed by||Rajiv Rai|
|Produced by||Gulshan Rai|
|Screenplay by||Rajiv Rai|
|Music by||Viju Shah|
|Cinematography||P. S. Vinod|
|Edited by||Rajiv Rai|
|Distributed by||Trimurti Films|
|3 August 2001|
Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat (English: Love, Amour and Romance) is a 2001 Indian Hindi romance film written and directed by Rajiv Rai and produced by Gulshan Rai under the Trimurti Films banner. The film was released on 3 August 2001, introducing Arjun Rampal and starring Sunil Shetty, Aftab Shivdasani, Keerti Reddy in the lead roles.
The film is notable for introducing Arjun Rampal and launching him as a popular actor in Bollywood. The film's script is loosely based and modeled along the Hollywood movie There's Something about Mary.
Yash Sabharwal (Sunil Shetty) is an enterprising billionaire who excels in business strategy. He is smitten by the brilliant and lovely Isha Nair (Keerti Reddy). She is a smart medical student and her idealism leads her to Scotland for advance research. Yash sends her away by giving her a scholarship. Before she leaves, Yash hires Gaurav Saxena (Arjun Rampal) to go to Scotland with her and, using his magic, make Isha fall in love with Yash.
In Scotland, Taj Bharadwaj (Aftab Shivdasani), an endearing and loveable guy, falls badly for Isha. Born and brought up in a royal luxury, Taj is a perfect NRI gentleman. He has only one problem — whether his father Lord Bharadwaj (Dalip Tahil) would agree with him or not. When Gaurav comes into the life of Isha, Isha also falls in love with him and Gaurav falls in love with her. When Yash finds out about this, he tells Gaurav to go and break Isha's heart, so she would come back to him. Gaurav uses Maya Dhillon (Monica Bedi) by starting a fake affair with her and sleeps with her. Taj discovers it and informs Isha. When Isha sees Gaurav and Maya together, she starts hating him. Gaurav is awarded with £1 billion by Yash for getting out of Isha's life and opening the ways for him.
Gaurav opens a bank account but is unaware that the bank is owned by the Bharadwaj family and Taj runs it. Taj is shocked when he learns that a humble guy like Gaurav is opening an account of £1 billion. Taj asks Gaurav about it. Gaurav informs him that he has sold his soul to the devil. Gaurav starts to realise that he cannot live without Isha as he was really in love with her. He returns the money to Yash, informs Maya that he never loved her, and it was just a part of his plan. He informs Maya that he is going back to India and that he is in love with Isha. Maya meets Isha and tells her that Gaurav seriously loved her but sacrificed his love for Yash. Isha forgives Gaurav and still loves him.
However, Isha's parents have fixed her engagement with Taj and Isha has to agree to make her parents happy. Isha's friend Rubaina Alam (Isha Koppikar) invites Yash to the engagement. Yash refuses to attend. Rubaina insults him, tells him that he is responsible for the trouble, and he must attend. Yash decides to break Taj and Isha's engagement. On the other hand, Gaurav appears at Isha's engagement in the room where Isha is preparing. Gaurav informs her that he has always loved her but it is the end and she has to forget about him and think about Taj. Gaurav tells her that she must not tell anyone about their love and continue her life.
Lord Bharadwaj sees Gaurav and asks him about why has he come. Gaurav tries to escape with his and Isha's pictures but Taj stops him. The situation becomes worse and the pictures fall on the floor. Lord Bharadwaj sees the pictures and tries to shoot Gaurav but Yash appears and saves Gaurav. He tells everyone that he deserves to be killed and not Gaurav because he has used Gaurav and Isha and has broken their love. Isha's parents ask her who she really loves. Gaurav tells her to focus on what he has said. Isha starts crying and tells everyone that she is engaging with Taj with her own will and is not being forced by anyone. However, her mood tells that she is not saying this intentionally. Lord Bharadwaj tells Isha's parents not to force her and ask her about her real choice. Isha tells her parents that she loves Gaurav. Isha and Gaurav's engagement is fixed.
As a result, Gaurav is the one who succeeds in his true love. Yash and Taj fail, but Gaurav fixes Taj's engagement with Maya and Yash's mother fixes his engagement with Rubaina. Therefore, all three pairs start living happily. Gaurav's love for Isha wins in the end.
- Arjun Rampal as Gaurav Saxena
- He is the main protagonist of the movie and is the first of the three heroes featured in the film. He is an orphan and a small actor hired by Yash Sabbarwal to win the heart of Isha for Yash but Gaurav ends up falling in love with Isha himself while pretending to be loving her.
- Sunil Shetty as Yash Sabharwal
- He is the antagonist and second of the three male leads. Yash proposes Isha for marriage but Isha refuses it because she wants her studies and does not like the way Yash expresses his love to her. Yash hires Gaurav Saxena to win and break Isha's heart for him.
- Aftab Shivdasani as Tajinder "Taj" Bhardwaj
- He is the third of the three heroes. He is the son of Lord Bhardwaj, who hosts Isha during her education tour of Scotland. Taj is the best friend of Isha but he falls in love with her and always makes her aware of danger.
- Keerti Reddy as Isha Nair
- She is the protagonist of the movie. Isha gets a scholarship to study in Scotland on getting good grades but her sponsor Yash Sabbarwal proposes her, which Isha dislikes and starts hating him. She stays at her father's friend Lord Bhardwaj's house in Scotland, during which she falls in love with Gaurav Saxena, who is hired by Yash to win her heart and break it for him and Taj also loves Isha. She is caught between three lovers.
- Monica Bedi as Maya Dhillon
- She is the friend of Gaurav Saxena and wants to make him a successful supermodel because she loves him. However, Gaurav rejects her offer to work for Yash Sabbarwal's assignment in Scotland. Maya follows him to Scotland, where Gaurav pretends to fall in love with her as part of the assignment.
- Isha Koppikar as Rubaina Alam
- She is the daughter of Dr. Alam and a good friend of Taj Bhardwaj. She leads a group of Indian students of her institution called "Mini India".
- Raza Murad as Dr. Alam
- He is a medical professor and doctor at the university where Isha Nair studies in Scotland. Dr. Alam is a good friend of Lord Bhardwaj and is the father of Rubaina Alam, leader of Mini India.
- Dalip Tahil as Lord Inder Bhardwaj
- He is the host of Isha Nair in Scotland and her father's friend. He wants his son Taj Bhardwaj to marry an Indian girl and Isha is a perfect choice to be his daughter-in-law but things do not work as Isha is in love with Gaurav Saxena.
- Smita Jaykar as Ms. Sabbarwal
- She is the mother of Yash Sabbarwal.
- Harish Patel as Hassu Bhai
- He is the Gujrati-speaking assistant of Yash Sabbarwal and follows Gaurav Saxena when Yash orders Gaurav to win Isha Nair's heart for him.
- Anjan Srivastav as Pramod Mehra
- He is a close friend of Yash Sabbarwal's father.
- Mohini Sharma as Anjali Mehra (as Mohini Sharma)
- Denzil Smith as Mahesh Nair
- He is the father of Isha Nair.
Akshay Kumar and Bobby Deol were the original choices for the roles of Taj Bhardwaj and Gaurav Saxena respectively. Once Akshay Kumar left the film the role of Taj was originally offered to Arjun Rampal. Arjun Rampal grabbed the role of Gaurav Saxena when Bobby Deol exited the fim. Kajol was Rajiv Rai's first choice to play the role of Isha Nair but Kirti Reddy was roped in to essay the lead role.
Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat received mostly mixed reviews upon release but Arjun Rampal received critical acclaim for his performance. Taran Adarsh of indiaFM gave 1 out of 5 stars, quoting "Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat is too weak a film to leave any impression whatsoever." Sukanya Verma of Rediff.com wrote "Rajiv Rai, a personal favourite, who carried off fancy action-thrillers like Tridev and Mohra in style and displayed his skills as a crisp editor in the edge of the seat thriller Gupt, disappoints." SmasHits.com gave negative reviews on Rajiv Rai's direction, editing and screenplay but praised the performance of Arjun Rampal.
Ajay Bhashyam of Full Hyderabad.com gave positive reviews and gave a rating of 6 stars, quoting "Rajiv Rai comes up with another one of those tales with the basic ingredient that all good tales must have – the 'what-happens-next?' factor. Not that what happens next always turns out great (and it's nothing like Gupt), but at least you want to know. And when the basic theme is love and there isn't any dishum-dishum or any real villain, it's an achievement of sorts to generate the kind of interest that this film does."
|Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Label||Tips Music Films|
The soundtrack album of Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat was composed by regular Rajiv Rai loyalist Viju Shah contains eight tracks. The lyrics were penned by Anand Bakshi. It was released by the Tips Music Films label on 17 May 2001. The singers include Kumar Sanu, Hariharan, Udit Narayan, Sonu Nigam, Shaan (credited as Shantanu Mukherjee), Alka Yagnik, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Sadhana Sargam and Janki Iyer.
The album opens with the funky musical track "Apni Yaadon Ko" sung by Shaan. It is pictured on Arjun Rampal and marks his Bollywood debut. The song became very famous due to its excellent music and established Shaan as a household name. The next song "Chand Ho" is sung by Alka Yagnik and Sonu Nigam and it is pictured on Arjun Rampal, Monica Bedi and Aftab Shivdasani. Arjun and Monica lip-synch the lyrics and Aftab is featured observing the two. The third song "Dono Taraf" is sung by Kumar Sanu and Kavita Krishnamurthy. It is pictured on Arjun Rampal, Sunil Shetty, Aftab Shivdasani, Kirti Reddy, Monica Bedi and Isha Koppikar at the closing credits of the movie.
The fourth track "Jab Tujhe Maine" is a romantic song by Udit Narayan and Sadhana Sargam. It is pictured on Aftab Shivdasani and Kirti Reddy in Aftab's dream sequence. It is followed by "Main Bewafa". The song features rock music performed by guitar. It is sung by Kumar Sanu and is pictured on Arjun Rampal. The sixth track "Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat" is the title track sung by Udit Narayan and Alka Yagnik. It is a beautiful romantic ballad shot in the mountains of Switzerland and is pictured on Arjun Rampal and Kirti Reddy.
The seventh song is a classical romantic song "Tum Lakh Chupe Ho" by Hariharan and Janki Iyer. It is pictured on Sunil Shetty and Kirti Reddy in Sunil's dream sequence. The last track is the instrumental "Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat (Theme)" featuring vocals from Shaan and Sadhana Sargam.The Sunil Shetty specific background score has been lifted from a Hollywood movie.
The album received mainly positive reviews. Narbir Gosal from Planet Bollywood wrote: "Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat is one of the more versatile album of the year. Carrying melodious, but very modernized songs, this album leaves everyone pleased. Viju Shah scores with each and every song except for Dono Taraf and the title theme track. This is his most experimental album and although he has used his synthesizer to the hilt (that is one aspect he really needs to change about his music), Viju has tried hard to incorporate some natural instruments (his favourite, the flute, being one of them) into his songs." SmasHits staff wrote "Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat' is the album of the year so far. The Rai-Shah-Bakshi trio has scored again." Sukanya Verma of Rediff.com also gave favourable reviews.
|Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack|
|1.||"Apni Yaadon Ko"||Anand Bakshi||Viju Shah||Shantanu Mukherjee||4:40|
|2.||"Chand Ho"||Anand Bakshi||Viju Shah||Alka Yagnik, Sonu Nigam||5:14|
|3.||"Dono Taraf"||Anand Bakshi||Viju Shah||Kumar Sanu, Kavita Krishnamurthy||6:12|
|4.||"Jab Tujhe Maine"||Anand Bakshi||Viju Shah||Udit Narayan, Sadhana Sargam||5:45|
|5.||"Main Bewafa"||Anand Bakshi||Viju Shah||Kumar Sanu||4:35|
|6.||"Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat"||Anand Bakshi||Viju Shah||Udit Narayan, Alka Yagnik||5:32|
|7.||"Tum Lakh Chupe Ho"||Anand Bakshi||Viju Shah||Hariharan, Janki Iyer||6:08|
|8.||"Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat (Theme)"||Anand Bakshi||Viju Shah||Shantanu Mukherjee, Sadhana Sargam||5:04|
- Sukanya Verma (3 August 2001). "The review of Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat". Rediff.com. Retrieved 24 November 2013.
- Taran Adarsh (2 August 2001). "Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat". indiaFM. Retrieved 24 November 2013.
- N K Deoshi. "Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat Movie Review". Apun Ka Choice.com. Retrieved 24 November 2013.
- Pankaj Shukla. "THREE BOYS, ONE GIRL, AND SOME HEART SURGERY". SmasHits.com. Retrieved 24 November 2013.
- Ajay Bhashyam. "Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat Review". Full Hyderabad. Retrieved 24 November 2013.
- Sukanya Verma. "Hummdinger!". Rediff.com. Retrieved 18 August 2013.
- Narbir Gosal. "Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat". Planet-Bollywood. Retrieved 18 August 2013.
- Suhel Johar. "Music Review of Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat". SmasHits. Retrieved 18 August 2013.