|Industry||Banking, financial services|
|Headquarters||26 Dilkusha Commercial Area |
Number of locations
|Mr. M. Azizul Huq (chairman)|
|Products||Retail banking, corporate banking, mortgage loans, private banking, credit cards, finance and insurance|
|৳17.718 billion (US$210 million) (2018)|
|৳3.627 billion (US$43 million) (2018)|
|Total assets||৳410.226 billion (US$4.9 billion) (2018)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Pubali Bank (Bengali: পূবালী ব্যাংক) is the largest private commercial bank in Bangladesh. It has more branches than any other private bank in the country. Habibur Rahman is the present chairman of the bank.
Pubali Bank was started in East Pakistan as Eastern Mercantile Bank Limited in the year 1959 under Bank Companies Act 1913. After independence of Bangladesh in 1971 this Bank was nationalized under Bangladesh Bank's (nationalisation) Ordinance and renamed as Pubali Bank. Subsequently, Pubali Bank was denationalized in the year 1983 as a private bank and renamed as Pubali Bank Limited. 5 million taka went missing in the bank's branch in Chittagong.
Pubali Bank limited has achieved constantly about 20% growth for the last 6 (six) years.
- "Balance Sheet as on 31 December 2018" (PDF). Pubali Bank Limited. 31 December 2018.
- "Pubali Bank Limited - HISTORY OF THE PUBALI BANK LIMITED". Pubali Bank. Archived from the original on August 28, 2009. Retrieved December 2, 2009.[self-published source?]
- "Pubali Bank Limited - Banglapedia". en.banglapedia.org. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Pubali Bank elects new chairman". The Daily Star. 2016-05-02. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Pubali Bank to expand horizon". The Daily Star. 2010-02-09. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Pubali Bank gets new additional MD". The Daily Star. 2016-01-03. Retrieved 2016-05-09.
- "Tk 50 lakh of Pubali Bank missing mysteriously in Ctg". The Daily Star. 2016-02-11. Retrieved 2016-05-09.