|Location||80 Shenton Way, Singapore 079122|
|Operated by||SMRT Trains (SMRT Corporation)|
|Previous names||Prince Edward|
Prince Edward Road MRT station (CC32) is a future underground Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station on the Circle Line in Downtown Core, Singapore. This station is part of Stage 6 of the Circle Line which will "close the circle" between HarbourFront MRT station and Marina Bay MRT station.
Originally with the working name Prince Edward, the name Prince Edward Road was later finalised on 28 September 2018. It was taken from a road near to Bestway Building.
This station was first announced on 29 October 2015.
Prince Edward Road station will be located near Bestway Building, Hock Teck See Temple and Masjid Haji Muhammad Salleh. The new Shenton Way Bus Terminal replaced the old Shenton Way Bus Terminal on 24 June 2017, of which the old site was being used for the construction of the MRT station.
Three station names - 'Prince Edward Road', 'Parsi Road' and 'Palmer Road' - were shortlisted by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) for public voting, out of which Prince Edward Road was chosen.
- "Completing the Circle". Facebook. Retrieved 2018-10-13.
- "Joint News Release by the Land Transport Authority & Singapore Land Authority - Circle Line 6 - Becoming A Full Circle". Land Transport Authority. 29 October 2015.
- "With final 3 stations, Circle Line will come 'full circle' by 2025". Channel NewsAsia. 2015-10-29. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- Lam, Lydia (11 November 2017). "LTA seeks vote for names of 3 upcoming Circle Line stations". The New Paper. p. 7.
- hermesauto (2018-09-28). "Excavation for Circle Line 6 to start in middle of next year". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2018-10-13.
|This article about an Asian railroad station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Singapore MRT-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|