This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"Predator vs. Judge Dredd"|
Cover to Predator vs. Judge Dredd trade paperback.
|Publisher||Dark Horse Comics (US)|
Fleetway Publications (UK)
|Publication date||October – December 1997|
|Title(s)||Predator vs. Judge Dredd #1–3 (US)|
Judge Dredd Megazine vol. 3 #36–38 (UK)
|Colourist(s)||Perry McNamee, Jimmy Johns, John Hanan III, Dave Stewart|
|Judge Dredd vs. Predator||ISBN 1-84023-021-5|
|Judge Dredd vs. Predator||ISBN 1-56971-345-6|
Predator vs. Judge Dredd is an intercompany crossover featuring the galaxy's greatest lawman and the galaxy's greatest hunter. It was originally published in 1997 in serial form in the Judge Dredd Megazine and a three-issue mini-series by Dark Horse. It was then collected as a trade paperback.
- Judge Dredd
- Judge Schaefer, a judge from Psi Division who is the great-great-granddaughter of Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer (Arnold Schwarzenegger's character in the original film).
The Predator enters the urban jungle of Mega-City One to hunt a challenging prey – the judges themselves. As the judges' heads start accumulating in the Predator's trophy room it is down to Dredd and Schaefer to stop the hunt.
When discussing the Predator, the Judges say it had visited New York. This never happened in the film but did in the Predator comic book story Concrete Jungle, written by Mark Verheiden (which parallels a lot of the themes in the second film).
The series has been collected as a trade paperback:
- Predator vs Judge Dredd, 80 pages, Titan, 1998, ISBN 1-84023-021-5
- Predator vs Judge Dredd, 80 pages, Dark Horse Comics, 1999, ISBN 1-56971-345-6
- Predator vs Judge Dredd vs Aliens, 176 pages, Dark House Comics, 2014, ISBN 1-61655-479-7
- Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 27, 304 pages, Rebellion, 2016, ISBN 1-78108-432-7
|This Dark Horse Comics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Alien media franchise-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|