|Subject||Collection of biographical legends|
Prabandha-Kosha (IAST: Prabandhakośa) is an Indian Sanskrit-language collection of prabandhas (legendary biographical narratives). It was compiled by the Jain scholar Rajashekhara Suri in 1349 CE. It describes the lives of 24 people, including 10 Jain scholars, 4 Sanskrit poets, 7 kings and 3 Jain householders. It is also known as Chaturvinshati Prabandha.
The content of the collection is based on the information that Rajashekhara obtained from his teacher Tilakasuri. He composed the work at Delhi, under the patronage of Madanasimha, whose father had been honoured by Shri Mahamad Shahi (probably Muhammad Tughluq).
Only the 7th prabandha in the collection (the one about Mallavadi-Suri) is written completely in verse form; the rest of the prabandhas use colloquial Sanskrit prose.
Suris (Jain scholars)
- Bhadrabahu and Varaha
- Aryakhapata Acharya
- Siddhasena-Suri and Vriddhavadi
- Lakshmana-Sena (or Lakshana-Sena) Kumaradeva
Jain householders / courtiers
- Vastupala and Tejapala
- J. G. Bühler (1873). "On the Age of the Naishadha-Charita of Sriharsha". Journal of the Asiatic Society of Bombay. Asiatic Society of Bombay. 10 (28): 31.
- Jayant P. Thaker, ed. (1970). Laghu-Prabandha-Saṅgraha. Oriental Institute. OCLC 20655908.
- Phyllis Granoff, ed. (1993). The Clever Adulteress and Other Stories: A Treasury of Jaina Literature. Motilal Banarsidass. ISBN 978-81-208-1150-8.
- Sen, Sailendra Nath (1999) , Ancient Indian History and Civilization (Second ed.), New Age International Publishers, ISBN 81-224-1198-3
- Vishnulok Bihari Srivastava (2009). Dictionary of Indology. Pustak Mahal. ISBN 9788122310849.
- Nasaru, Wahid (2001). "7. प्रबन्धकोश में वर्णित गृहस्थ जैन धर्मानुरागी चरित". राजशेखरसूरिकृत प्रबन्धकोश : एक समीक्षात्मक अध्ययन [A Critical Study of the Prabandhakosa of Rajasekharasuri] (Ph. D. thesis) (in Hindi). Department of Sanskrit, Aligarh Muslim University. hdl:10603/57877.