This article may need to be rewritten to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (September 2013)
|Power Rangers Dino Thunder|
PAL region cover art for PS2 version
|Developer(s)||Pacific Coast Power & Light (GC, PS2) |
|Platform(s)||Game Boy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, PlayStation 2|
|Release||Game Boy Advance|
 & PS2
Power Rangers Dino Thunder is a 2004 action-adventure video game based on the television series of the same name. The game was developed by Natsume, Pacific Coast Power & Light and published by THQ for the Game Boy Advance, GameCube, and PlayStation 2.
Game Boy Advance version
The Game Boy Advance version of Power Rangers Dino Thunder is a side-scrolling fighting game with puzzle-solving mini-missions. Five characters are featured in the game:
- Red Tyranno Ranger, attacks with Tyranno Staff and has the special power to summon the TyrannoZord.
- Blue Tricera Ranger, attacks with Tricera Shield and has the special power to summon the TriceraZord.
- Yellow Ptera Ranger, attacks with Ptera Grips and has the special power to summon the PteraZord.
- Black Brachio Ranger, solves puzzle missions to free the Cephala, Parasaur, Ankylo, and Dimetro Zords.
- White Drago Ranger, acts as an enemy, blocking the Black Ranger in puzzle missions and sending his DragoZord and StegoZord in their megazord formation to fight the ThunderSaurus MegaZord.
The player fights enemies as the three core rangers while meeting goals, such as finding and rescuing humans or defeating a number of monsters while the Black Ranger solves puzzles to free captured Zords. MegaZord battles also occur whenever an enemy enlarges to giant size. MegaZord levels allow the player to customize the ThunderSaurus MegaZord with auxiliary Zords obtained from the puzzle levels.
The game features 13 missions, played across 20 levels.
The rangers pilot their Zords in various missions to save the world from Zeltrax.
Players take control of one of three Zords, Red TyrannoZord, Blue TriceraZord, or Yellow PteraZord in order to free the captive DinoZords (Violet CephalaZord, Green ParasaurZord, and Cyan DimetroZord), escort the Black BrachioZord to various warp points, and destroy alien weapon facilities. Also by collecting morphers, eggs, and crystal icons, players can unlock the zords from Power Rangers Wild Force and Power Rangers Ninja Storm as playable characters.
- "GBA Release Information from Amazon.co.uk".
- "GBA Release Information from Amazon.com".
- "GC Release Information from GameFAQs".
- "PS2 Release Information from GameFAQs".
- Gerstmann, Jeff (May 12, 2004). "Power Rangers: Dino Thunder E3 2004 Preshow First Look". GameSpot. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- Deci, T.J. "Power Rangers: Dino Thunder - Overview (GBA)". AllGame. Archived from the original on November 14, 2014. Retrieved September 11, 2016.
- "Power Rangers Dino Thunder (GBA)". Metacritic. Retrieved August 31, 2016.
- "Power Rangers Dino Thunder (GameCube)". Metacritic. Retrieved August 31, 2016.
- "Power Rangers Dino Thunder (PS2)". Metacritic. Retrieved August 31, 2016.
- Castro, Juan (October 4, 2004). "Power Rangers Dino Thunder Review (PS2)". IGN. Retrieved August 28, 2016.