The Port of Boca Chica was built in the 1950s and it served for the sugar transportation. Currently it is a minor port in the country, but it handle cargo operations.
In this port is located the bout that generates the energy of the AES Company.
- Location: Coordinates:
- Local time: UTC−4
- Weather/climate/prevailing winds: From May 15 until September 15
- Climate: mostly sunny, tropical. Hurricane season runs from June to November
- Prevailing winds: direction ENE–ESE
- Average temperature range: 28–30 °C
- Port of Boca Chica (in Spanish)