|Native name||Полина Андреевна Костюкович|
|Full name||Polina Andreevna Kostiukovich|
|Alternative names||Polina Kostyukovich|
|Born||7 March 2003|
Saint Petersburg, Russia
|Home town||Saint Petersburg, Russia|
|Height||1.40 m (4 ft 7 in)|
|Coach||Ludmila Velikova, Nikolai Velikov and Vasilii Velikov|
|Former coach||Alina Pisarenko|
|Skating club||Olympic School St. Petersburg|
|Training locations||Saint Petersburg|
|ISU personal best scores|
2018–19 JGP Final
2019 Junior Worlds
2018–19 JGP Final
Polina Andreevna Kostiukovich (Russian: Полина Андреевна Костюкович, born 7 March 2003) is a Russian pair skater. With her skating partner, Dmitrii Ialin, she is the 2018 World Junior and the 2018–19 Junior Grand Prix Final silver medalist, and the 2019 World Junior bronze medalist. She is also the 2017 JGP Croatia and the 2018 JGP Austria champion.
2017–2018 season: Silver at Junior Worlds
Kostiukovich/Ialin made their international debut in late September 2017 at the Junior Grand Prix (JGP) competition in Zagreb, Croatia, where they won the gold medal. They beat the silver medalist, Gao Yumeng / Xie Zhong, by less than one point and the bronze medalist, their teammates Aleksandra Boikova / Dmitrii Kozlovskii, by about two points. At this competition Kostiukovich/Ialin performed a level 3 quad twist which is rarely seen even at senior competitions. They received 10.46 points for that twist.
In January 2018 Kostiukovich/Ialin won the bronze medal at the 2018 Russian Junior Championships after placing eleventh in the short program and second in the free skate.
In March 2018 Kostiukovich/Ialin competed at the 2018 Junior Worlds where they won the silver medal after placing second in the short program and third in the free skate. They were part of a Russian sweep of the pairs' podium, along with their training partners Anastasia Mishina / Aleksandr Galliamov (bronze) and Daria Pavliuchenko / Denis Khodykin (gold).
2018–2019 season: Bronze at Junior Worlds
Kostiukovich/Ialin started their season by competing in the 2018 Junior Grand Prix series. At their first Junior Grand Prix event of the season they won the gold medal in Linz, Austria. They were ranked first in both the short program and the free skate and won the gold medal by a margin of more than 14 points over the silver medalist, their teammates Anastasia Poluianova / Dmitry Sopot. At their second JGP event of the season they won the silver medal in Ostrava, Czech Republic. They were ranked first in the short program and second in the free skate, and were beaten by the gold medalists, their teammates and training partners Kseniia Akhanteva / Valerii Kolesov by a margin of about 4 points. At this event they set the junior-level pairs' record for the short program (66.30 points). With these results they qualified for the 2018–19 Junior Grand Prix Final.
At the JGP Final, Kostiukovich/Ialin won the silver medal after placing first in the short program and second in the free skate. They were part of a Russian sweep of the pairs' podium. Kostiukovich/Ialin beat the bronze medalists, Apollinariia Panfilova / Dmitry Rylov, by about 3 points but the race for the gold medal were really tight. The gold medalists, their training partners Mishina/Galliamov, beat Kostiukovich/Ialin by a margin of only 1.1 point. At this event Kostiukovich/Ialin scored their personal best score of 189.53 points and they also upgraded their junior-level pairs' record for the short program (66.84 points).
At the 2019 Russian Championships, Kostiukovich/Ialin placed eighth in the senior event and second in the junior event, and were assigned to the 2019 World Junior Championships alongside Mishina/Galliamov and Panfilova/Rylov. They won the short program at Junior Worlds, narrowly ahead of both of the other Russian teams, and were awarded a gold small medal for the result. In the free skate, they had underrotations called on their combination jump and Kostiukovich fell on a throw triple Salchow. As a result, they finished third in the free skate and third overall. Ialin admitted "unfortunately, not everything worked out today." Kostiukovich expressed the hope that "at our next Junior World Championships we can improve, fix our mistakes, and gain experience to be able to win."
|Season||Short program||Free skating|
Records and achievements
- Set the junior-level pairs' record of the new +5 / -5 GOE (Grade of Execution) system for the short program (66.30 points) at the 2018 JGP Czech Republic.
- Upgraded their junior-level pairs' record for the short program (66.84 points) at the 2018–19 JGP Final.
- Upgraded their junior-level pairs' record for the short program (68.31 points) at the 2019 World Junior Championships. This record was later broken by Apollinariia Panfilova / Dmitry Rylov at the 2019 JGP Poland.
JGP: Junior Grand Prix
|JGP Czech Republic||2nd|
|Russian Jr. Champ.||3rd||2nd||5th|
|TBD = Assigned; WD = Withdrew|
Small medals for short and free programs awarded only at ISU Championships.
|4–8 February 2020||2020 Russian Junior Championships||Junior||6
|24–29 December 2019||2020 Russian Championships||Senior||10
|4–10 March 2019||2019 World Junior Championships||Junior||1
|1–4 February 2019||2019 Russian Junior Championships||Junior||3
|19–23 December 2018||2019 Russian Championships||Senior||9
|6–9 December 2018||2018–19 JGP Final||Junior||1
|26–29 September 2018||2018 JGP Czech Republic||Junior||1
|29 August – 1 September 2018||2018 JGP Austria||Junior||1
|5–11 March 2018||2018 World Junior Championships||Junior||2
|23–26 January 2018||2018 Russian Junior Championships||Junior||11
|4–7 October 2017||2017 JGP Poland||Junior||4
|27–30 September 2017||2017 JGP Croatia||Junior||3
- "Polina KOSTIUKOVICH / Dmitrii IALIN: 2018/2019". International Skating Union.
- Полина Андреевна Костюкович [Polina Andreevna Kostiukovich]. fskate.ru (in Russian).
- "Polina KOSTIUKOVICH / Dmitrii IALIN: 2017/2018". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 29 May 2018.CS1 maint: unfit url (link)
- "2017 JGP Croatia: Junior Pairs Result". International Skating Union. 30 September 2017.
- "2017 JGP Croatia: Junior Pairs Result - Judges Scores" (PDF). International Skating Union. 30 September 2017.
- Flade, Tatjana (22 June 2018). "'Progress' is top priority for Russia's Kostiukovich and Ialin". Golden Skate.
- "2018 JGP Austria: Junior Pairs Result". International Skating Union. 1 September 2018.
- "2018 JGP Czech Republic: Junior Pairs Result". International Skating Union. 29 September 2018.
- Slater, Paula (March 6, 2019). "Kostiukovich and Ialin lead Russian dominance in Pairs at Junior Worlds". Golden Skate.
- Slater, Paula (March 7, 2019). "Mishina and Galliamov lead Russian sweep in Pairs at Junior Worlds". Golden Skate.
- Flade, Tatjana (18 June 2019). "Russia's Kostiukovich and Ialin target senior nationals; eye gold for 2020 Junior Worlds". Golden Skate.
- "Competition Results: Polina KOSTIUKOVICH / Dmitrii IALIN". International Skating Union.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Polina Kostiukovich.|
|World Junior Record Holders|
Anastasia Mishina / Aleksandr Galiamov
| Pairs' Junior Short Program
27 September 2018 – 19 September 2019
Apollinariia Panfilova / Dmitry Rylov