This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Police Chief Pepe|
|Directed by||Ettore Scola|
|Produced by||Franco Cristaldi|
|Written by||Ruggero Maccari|
|Music by||Armando Trovajoli|
|Edited by||Tatiana Casini Morigi|
|24 September 1969 (Italy)|
5 September 1979 (France)
Il Commissario Pepe or Police Chief Pepe is a 1969 Italian comedy – drama film directed by Ettore Scola.
It is based on a Ugo Facco De La Garda's novel.
Filmed in Vicenza, the city is never mentioned.
Ugo Tognazzi was named Best Actor at Mar del Plata Film Festival.
Antonio Pepe is the Chief Police Inspector of a provincial small city in North of Italy. He is forced to investigate the sexual life of the citizens, even to the local high society members.
- Ugo Tognazzi as Antonio Pepe
- Giuseppe Maffioli as Nicola Parigi
- Silvia Dionisio as Silvia
- Tano Cimarosa as Agent Cariddi
- Marianne Comtell as Matilde Carroni
- Dana Ghia as Sister Clementina
- Elsa Vazzoler as Old Prostitute
- Véronique Vendell as Maristella Diotallevi
- Rita Calderoni as Clara Cerveteri
- Virgilio Scapin as Count Lancillotto
- Elena Persiani as Marquise Norma Zaccarin
- Gino Santercole as Oreste
- Pippo Starnazza as The Drunkard
|This article related to an Italian film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|