|Edited by||Ian R. Stone|
|The Polar Record|
Polar Record is a quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal covering all aspects of Arctic and Antarctic exploration and research. It is managed by the Scott Polar Research Institute and published by Cambridge University Press. The journal was established in 1931 and the editor-in-chief is Ian R. Stone (Scott Polar Research Institute).
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
The journal was established in 1931, by The Scott Polar Research Institute which itself was founded in 1926. The foreword of the first issue in the first volume stated that the journal was created to address the challenge of "so much exploration and exploitation in the polar regions, the news of which appear in so many forms and languages", and that "in the first place an attempt will be made merely to record the chief polar events of the preceding six months; but it is hoped that the scope of the journal will gradually be expanded. The main body of The Polar Record, therefore, is a resume of polar news extracted from the best available sources.." The Committee of Management decided that the director of the Scott Polar Research Institute also be the editor. Therefore, the at-the-time director of the institute, Frank Debenham became the founding editor of the journal.
From its inception in 1931 to 1953, each volume was triennial, with issues published every six months. Between years 1954 and 1987 the volumes became biennial, with three issues published every year starting in 1955. In 1988 each volume became annual, with quarterly publication of issues.
- "CSA Factsheet". Archived from the original on 2013-10-02. Retrieved Feb 22, 2014.
- "Active Journals Monitored for the Zoological Record Plus Database - Volume 136 (1999/2000)". Archived from the original on 2013-10-02. Retrieved Feb 22, 2014.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2014-09-08.
- "Arctic & Antarctic Regions - Database Coverage List". EBSCOhost. Archived from the original on 2012-10-04. Retrieved Feb 22, 2014.
- "Animal Science Database". Archived from the original on 2014-02-24. Retrieved Feb 22, 2014.
- "Scopus title list". Elsevier. Archived from the original (Microsoft Excel) on 2013-12-02. Retrieved 2014-09-08.
- "Impact Factor". Cambridge Core. Retrieved 2017-05-29.
- Debenham, Frank, ed. (January 1931). "The Polar Record - Foreword". Polar Record. Cambridge University Press. 1 (1): 1. doi:10.1017/S0032247400028941.
- "Back Issues". Cambridge University Press. Retrieved Feb 22, 2014.