Cemetery at the Mississinewa Battlefield
Location of Pleasant Township in Grant County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.11 sq mi (90.9 km2)|
|• Land||34.83 sq mi (90.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.28 sq mi (0.7 km2) 0.80%|
|Elevation||827 ft (252 m)|
|• Density||195.1/sq mi (75.3/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453745|
The Meshingomesia Cemetery and Indian School Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2013.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.11 square miles (90.9 km2), of which 34.83 square miles (90.2 km2) (or 99.20%) is land and 0.28 square miles (0.73 km2) (or 0.80%) is water. The stream of Jocinah Creek runs through this township.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Liberty Township, Wabash County (north)
- Washington Township (east)
- Center Township (southeast)
- Franklin Township (south)
- Sims Township (southwest)
- Richland Township (west)
- Waltz Township, Wabash County (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: Maple Grove and Meshingomesia.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 1/07/13 through 1/11/13. National Park Service. 2013-01-18.
|This Grant County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|