|Died||24 November 2015 (aged 82)|
|Alma mater||University of Paris|
|Institutions||University of ZurichUniversity of BonnUniversity of Strasbourg|
|Thesis||Des catégories abéliennes (1961)|
|Doctoral advisor||Alexander Grothendieck|
|Doctoral students||Bernhard Keller|
Pierre Gabriel (1 August 1933 – 24 November 2015), also known as Peter Gabriel, was a French mathematician at the University of Strasbourg (1962–1970), University of Bonn (1970–1974) and University of Zürich (1974–1998) who worked on category theory, algebraic groups, and representation theory of algebras. He was elected a correspondent member of the French Academy of Sciences in November 1986.
- Gabriel's theorem
- Gabriel–Zisman localization
- Gabriel–Rosenberg reconstruction theorem
- Gabriel–Popescu embedding theorem
- "Pierre Peter Gabriel Mathematics". Retrieved 21 December 2020.
- "Edition de Sarreguemines Bitche - Décès de Pierre Gabriel militant du bilinguisme". republicain-lorrain.fr.
|Scholia has a profile for Pierre Gabriel (Q1343092).|