|Born||13 September 1941|
|Turned pro||1966 (amateur tour from 1962)|
|Plays||Right-handed (one-handed backhand)|
|Career record||351-349 (50.1%) |
|Career titles||7 |
|Highest ranking||No. 9 (1971, World's Top 10)|
|Grand Slam Singles results|
|Australian Open||3R (1965)|
|French Open||QF (1965)|
|Wimbledon||4R (1964, 1972)|
|US Open||4R (1965)|
|Tour Finals||RR (1971)|
|US Pro||1R (1966, 1967)|
|Wembley Pro||QF (1966)|
|French Pro||1R (1966, 1967)|
|Career record||99–82 (Open era)|
|Career titles||5 (Open era)|
|Grand Slam Doubles results|
|Australian Open||SF (1965)|
|French Open||4R (1969, 1971)|
|Wimbledon||3R (1970, 1972)|
|US Open||W (1970)|
|Grand Slam Mixed Doubles results|
|Australian Open||QF (1965)|
Pierre Barthès (born 13 September 1941) is a retired French tennis player.
Born in Béziers, Barthès was one of the Handsome Eight, a group of players signed by Lamar Hunt in 1968 for the newly formed professional World Championship Tennis (WCT) group. In 1974, he reached a career-high ATP singles ranking of world No. 54, though this is not a true indication, as he was one of the top 20 players in 1971 before the creation of the ATP ranking system, making the year-end Masters the same year. He was also a US Open doubles champion in 1970, partnering Nikola Pilić.
Grand Slam finals
Doubles: 1 (1 title)
|Win||1970||US Open||Grass||Niki Pilić|| Roy Emerson
|6–3, 7–6, 4–6, 7–6|
- Garcia, Gabriel. "Pierre Barthes: Career match record". thetennisbase.com. Madrid, Spain: Tennismem SL. Retrieved 17 November 2017.
- Garcia, Gabriel. "Pierre Barthes: Career tournament results". thetennisbase.com. Madrid, Spain: Tennismem SL. Retrieved 17 November 2017.
- Wind, Herbert Warren (1979). Game, Set, and Match : The Tennis Boom of the 1960s and 70s (1. ed.). New York: Dutton. pp. 65–70. ISBN 0525111409.
- Pierre Barthès at the Association of Tennis Professionals
- Pierre Barthès at the International Tennis Federation
- Pierre Barthès at the Davis Cup
|This biographical article relating to French tennis is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|