|Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani|
|Created by||Nirja Guleri|
|Written by||Shrey Guleri|
|Directed by||Shrey Guleri|
|Theme music composer||Bittu Merchant|
|Opening theme||"Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani" by Udit Narayan|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||408|
|Executive producer||Sahil Guleri|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company||Prime Channel|
|Original network||DD National|
|Original release||10 October 2003 –|
Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani (Translation: Yet The Heart Is Indian) is an Indian television patriotic sitcom that premiered on DD National on October 10, 2003 and ran for two seasons, from 2003 to 2006. Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani was created by Nirja Guleri. The series was written and directed by Shrey Guleri.
Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani chronicles the family of Bharat Bhushan, a perfect patriot. Bharat’s (Translation: India's) family includes his three sons – Om, Jai, Jagdish, his three daughters-in-law – Ganga, Jamuna, Saraswati and his four grandchildren – Ram, Shyam, Munna and Munni, all of whom live in a house named Bharat Niwas (Translation: India House) and personify the multi – cultural diversity of India.
Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani featured an ensemble cast including Upasana Singh, Bhavana Balsavar, Sudhir Pandey, Tushar Dalvi and Aashish Kaul. Notable stars outside the main cast include Jay Bhanushali, Sumeet Raghavan, Swapnil Joshi, Arjun (Firoz Khan), Naveen Bawa, Vishal Singh, Muskaan Mihani, Lilliput, Krutika Desai and the veteran Kamini Kaushal.
Bharat Niwas (Translation: India House) is a home that is the epitome of the ethos and culture of India. Bharat Bhushan, the patriarch of the family, is the perfect patriot who believes more in what you can do for your country rather than what the country can do for you. His family, consisting of his three sons (Om, Jai and Jagdish), three daughters-in-law (Ganga, Jamuna and Saraswati) and four grandchildren (Ram, Shyam, Munna and Munni), personifies the multi-cultural diversity of India with divergent views on issues relating to the society and the nation. Here lies the eternal conflict in Bharat Niwas – the embodiment of India!
The narrative stands the test of time as the issues are universally relevant and will continue to resonate with viewers for all time to come. Episodes are packed with super-sized laughs, heart-warming moments, drama, romance, action and most importantly, the sublime feeling of pride in being an Indian! The show imparts food-for-thought and inspires the viewer to become a catalyst for change, nationwide.
- Sudhir Pandey as Bharat
- Tushar Dalvi as Om
- Jiten Lalwani as Jai
- Dharmesh Vyas / Aashish Kaul as Jagdish
- Upasana Singh as Ganga
- Sheetal Shah as Jamuna
- Bhavana Balsavar as Saraswati
- Mickey Dhamejani as Ram
- Mickey Dhamejani as Shyam
- Hardik Gujjar as Munna
- Palak as Munni
- "Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani: A Hit Serial on DD". Mumbai Mirror, The Times of India, Updated: Nov 18, 2006.
- "NIRJA GULERI: The Queen of Fantasy". ITA Trailblazer: tale of the ita, p.128.
- "IRRFAN IN CHANDRAKANTA: Directed by Nirja Guleri, the first woman in the country to direct a television series on such a grand scale". The Times of India, July 04, 2017.
- "Nirja Guleri: The Trendsetter of Saas-Bahu serials on Indian Television". The Tribune, April 11, 2004.
- "Shrey Guleri: The Director of the Year". The Indian Telly Awards 2004. Archived from the original on 16 October 2013. Retrieved 20 October 2018.