Location of the Peterston-super-Ely ward
in the Vale of Glamorgan
|Population||2,289 (2011 census)|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Senedd Cymru – Welsh Parliament|
Peterston-super-Ely is the name of an electoral ward in the Vale of Glamorgan, Wales, which covers its namesake village of Peterston-super-Ely and the neighbouring communities of St Georges super Ely, Pendoylan and Welsh St Donats. The ward elects a county councillor to the Vale of Glamorgan Council.
The ward elects one councillor to the Vale of Glamorgan Council. It is currently represented by The Vale Independents Group which Michael Morgan moved to in May 2019, having been elected in 2017 as a member of the Welsh Conservative Party.
|Conservative||Morgan, Michael John Griffith||734||77.7|
A. J. (Tony) Williams represented Peterson-super-Ely for the Conservative Party until 2007. He had been a local government councillor since before the 1974 local government reorganisation. He and his wife were found dead at their Cowbridge home in June 2017.
Cardiff Rural District Council
- "Ward population 2011". UKcensusdata.com. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- Discombe, Matt (15 May 2019). "Tory rebels pledge support to Labour in shock council twist". walesonline. Retrieved 2 June 2019.
- "Peterston-super-Ely - Declaration Of Results Of Poll" (PDF). Vale of Glamorgan Council. 5 May 2017. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- "Vale of Glamorgan Council elections 2012: Results". Barry & District News. 4 May 2012. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- Sharon Harris (22 June 2017). "Tributes paid following death of former Vale council deputy leader and wife". Barry & District News. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- "How The Voting Went". South Wales Echo. 8 May 1970. p. 13.