|Born||20 April 1984|
|Playing darts since||2004|
|Walk-on music||We Will Rock You by Queen|
|Organisation (see split in darts)|
|Current world ranking||109|
|PDC premier events – best performances|
|World Ch'ship||Last 64: 2013|
|UK Open||Last 64: 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017, 2019|
|Players Ch'ship Finals||Last 64: 2017|
|Other tournament wins|
Peter Hudson (born 20 April 1984) is an English darts player from Eccles, Greater Manchester. Hudson joined the PDC in 2010, however failed to qualify for any of the TV majors. Hudson earned a full PDC Pro Tour card for the 2011 and 2012 seasons via the PDC's Qualifying School.
In 2011, Hudson qualified for the 2011 UK Open. He made an appearance on the TV stage, coming back from 3–0 down to defeat Magnus Caris 4–3 in the last 96 stage, winning the decider with a ten-dart leg. However, he then lost to Peter Wright in the last 64 in an untelevised match. Also in 2011, Hudson came within one leg of qualifying for the PDC Grand Slam of Darts. He defeated Nathan Davies, Barrie Webb, Kevin McDine, Keegan Brown and Mark Jones before losing his final qualifying match 4–3 against Ian White.
Hudson's best result in 2012 was at the seventh Players Championship of the year, where he beat the likes of Mervyn King and Robert Thornton, before losing to Ronnie Baxter 6–1 in the quarter-finals. Hudson beat Jamie Lewis to reach the last 64 of the UK Open for the second successive year. There he played Kim Huybrechts and lost 9–4. He qualified for three of the five new European Tour events, losing in the first round in two of them. In the other, the German Darts Masters he saw off Alan Tabern 6–4, before being defeated by reigning world champion Adrian Lewis 6–1 in the second round.
It was these results which largely contributed to Hudson qualifying for the World Championship by finishing 44th on the 2012 ProTour Order of Merit, claiming the 13th of 16 spots that were awarded to non-qualified players. In his first appearance at the World Championship he lost to James Wade 3–0 in sets in the first round, as he took just two legs during the match. Hudson was ranked world number 55 after the event. At the 2013 UK Open, Hudson lost 5–4 to Mark Lawrence in the second round. He qualified for three European Tour events during the year but lost in the first round on each occasion. His best results came in the second half of the season in the eighth and fifteenth Players Championship where he lost in the last 16 6–1 to Paul Nicholson and 6–3 to Michael Smith respectively.
Hudson advanced to the third round of the UK Open for the third time in 2014, but narrowly lost 9–8 against Ian White. At the penultimate Players Championship of 2014 he saw off Dan Russell, Peter Wright, Benito van de Pas and Kim Huybrechts to make the quarter-finals of a PDC event for the first time, which he lost 6–4 to White. He finished 2014 outside of the top 64 on the Order of Merit and did not enter Q School.
Hudson qualified for the 2015 UK Open by winning the Riley's Sheffield qualifier, but lost 5–4 to Rob Smith in the first round. He claimed the first title of his career at the 14th Challenge Tour event by beating Ryan Palmer 5–4.
At the second UK Open Qualifier of 2016, Hudson advanced to his second ever PDC quarter-final and lost 6–3 to Phil Taylor. He was knocked out 6–4 in the second round of the UK Open by Dirk van Duijvenbode. Six wins saw him reach the final of the fourth Challenge Tour event, where he lost 5–4 to Bryan de Hoog. A second last 16 appearance in a main tour event this year came at the 11th Players Championship and he was beaten 6–2 by Robbie Green.
World Championship results
- 2013: First round (lost to James Wade 0–3)
- PDC Tour School 2011 - Day Four
- UK Open 2011 - Night One
- "Pete Hudson 2012". Darts Database. Archived from the original on 14 January 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "2012 PDPA Players Championship Birmingham Results". Darts Database. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "2012 UK Open Results". Darts Database. Retrieved 28 June 2012.
- "2012 PDC German Darts Masters Results". Darts Database. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "ProTour Order of Merit". PDC. Archived from the original on 5 December 2012. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
- "2013 PDC World Championship Qualifiers". Darts Database. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
- "Ladbrokes WDC Day Four". PDC. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- "Order of Merit on 1 January 2013". PDC. Archived from the original on 6 January 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "Speedy Services UK Open - Thursday". PDC. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- "Pete Hudson 2013". Darts Database. Archived from the original on 4 December 2013. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- "Coral UK Open - Friday Evening". PDC. Retrieved 8 March 2014.
- "Diamond Dazzles To Seal Coventry Crown". PDC. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "Coral UK Open - Friday Afternoon". PDC. Archived from the original on 8 March 2015. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- "PDC Unicorn Challenge Tour 13-14". PDC. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Taylor Defeats van Gerwen To Take Title". PDC. Archived from the original on 13 July 2016. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "2016 UK Open Results". Darts Database. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Edhouse & de Hoog Win In Wigan". PDC. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "2016 PDPA Players Championship Barnsley Results". Darts Database. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- "UK Open Qualifier 1". PDC. 3 February 2017. Archived from the original on 4 February 2017. Retrieved 3 February 2017.