|First appearance||Black Lightning #1 (April 1977)|
|Created by||Tony Isabella|
Trevor von Eeden
|Full name||Peter Gambi|
Peter Gambi is a character appearing in comics published by DC Comics and is a supporting character of Black Lightning. He is the brother of Paul Gambi. Peter Gambi first appeared in Black Lightning #1 and was created by Tony Isabella and Trevor von Eeden.
Fictional character biography
Peter Gambi is a former mob hitman who killed Alvin Pierce. Turning his back on his life of crime, he became a tailor like his brother Paul Gambi. Peter established a tailor shop below Jefferson Pierce's apartment and befriended Pierce and his mother. When Tobias Whale orders the death of a student to threaten Pierce after the latter spoke out against the 100's criminal activities, Jefferson seeks Gambi's advice to avenge the victim. Gambi creates the costume that enables him to become Black Lightning.
Jefferson learns that Gambi was the one who killed his father. Gambi begs unsuccessfully for Black Lightning's forgiveness. Whale sends Syonide to kill Gambi and Black Lightning. Gambi sacrifices his life to save Black Lightning, and Pierce forgives him as he dies.
In other media
- Peter Gambi appears in the "Thunder and Lightning" segments of DC Nation Shorts, voiced by Jeff Bennett.
- Peter Gambi appears in Black Lightning, portrayed by James Remar. In this show, Peter Gambi's real name is Peter Esposito and he used to work for the A.S.A. as their meta-human spotter before leaving the group, becoming a tailor and an ally of Black Lightning. He raised Jefferson Pierce after his father was killed by Tobias. He is similar to Alfred Pennyworth and Lucius Fox from Batman series.
- Black Lightning #7. DC Comics.
- Black Lightning #1. DC Comics.
- Black Lightning #3. Marvel Comics.
- Black Lightning #6. DC Comics.
- Petski, Denise (July 22, 2017). "'Black Lightning' Casts James Remar & Damon Gupton As Series Regulars, Watch Trailer – Comic-Con". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 23, 2017.
|This DC Comics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|