|Full name||Persatuan Sepakbola Lamongan|
|Nickname(s)||Laskar Joko Tingkir (Joko Tingkir Warriors)|
|Founded||18 April 1967|
|Owner||PT Persela Jaya|
|Head coach||Nil Maizar|
|2018||Liga 1, 13th|
Persatuan Sepakbola Lamongan, or commonly known as Persela, is an Indonesian football club based in Lamongan, East Java. Currently the club plays in Liga 1, the top-flight football league in the country.
Although it has been established since 18 April 1967, Persela just started to show its existence in 2003, nine years after the national football competition entered the professional era in 1994. Before 2003, Persela used to play in the lower divisions (first or second division in Liga Indonesia) but now plays in the Super League.
On 15 October 2017, the main goalkeeper of Persela, Choirul Huda, died from the injuries sustained during a match against Semen Padang F.C. in a Liga 1 match, the highest tier of football league in Indonesia.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
As a tribute to the late goalkeeper, Persela retired Huda's number 1 shirt after his death. Huda's loyalty to the club is unquestionable. From 1999 to 2017, he has never played with any other club except Persela.
Huda died after an incident in the match against Semen Padang at Liga 1 match week 29. He collided with a teammate, Ramon Rodrigues, while trying to collect the ball from an opponent and was struck in the chest. Paramedics immediately gave him sideline emergency treatment. A paramedic said that after the incident, he was still conscious and complained of a chest pain, but his condition soon relapsed and he later died from his injuries in a local hospital.
According to a doctor in the local hospital, he suffered from collision on his chest and lower jaw, which caused hypoxia that ultimately led to his death. Moreover, due to severe injury, he might also have experienced trauma to his head, neck, and chest.
- Primera Elite Division
- Champions: 2001
Persela Lamongan have many supporter groups, among others are LA Mania, and Curva Boys 1967.
- Reebok (2008–2011)
- Diadora (2011–2016)
- DJ Sport (2016)
- Lotto (2017)
- Forium (2018–)
- Warrix Sports (2019 on Indonesia President Cup)
- Purnamasari, Desi. "Para Bos di Belakang Klub-Klub Sepakbola Indonesia di Liga 1". tirto.id.
- "Indonesian goalkeeper Choirul Huda dies after collision during league match". ESPN FC. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Daftar Pemain Persela Lamongan Liga 1". Retrieved 5 April 2018.
- Sudjarwo, Eko. "Apresiasi Loyalitas Choirul Huda, Persela Pensiunkan Nomor Punggung 1". sepakbola.
- "Legendary Indonesian goalkeeper Choirul Huda, 38, dies after tragic collision with team-mate during match". Daily Mail. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Indonesian goalkeeper dies after collision with teammate". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Penjelasan Dokter RSUD dr Soegiri soal Meninggalnya Choirul Huda (Indonesian)". Kompas.com. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "Curva Boys 1967 (@curvaboys_1967) • Instagram photos and videos". www.instagram.com. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
|This article about an Indonesian football club is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|