This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Michael Rymer|
|Produced by||L. M. Kit Carson|
|Written by||Michael Rymer|
L. M. Kit Carson
|Music by||Adam Plack|
|Edited by||Dany Cooper|
|Distributed by||Lionsgate Films|
Perfume is a 2001 American film directed by Michael Rymer and featuring an ensemble cast, starring Paul Sorvino, Leslie Mann, Jeff Goldblum, Mariel Hemingway, Rita Wilson, Jared Harris, Joanne Baron, and Michelle Williams. As mentioned in the end credits, all dialogue was improvised by the actors.
Prior to a major fashion show, the people involved find themselves embroiled in their own personal battles.
Lorenzo Mancini (Paul Sorvino) is a famous Italian fashion designer who learns that he's dying of cancer, but keeps the news from his former wife Irene (Sônia Braga) and his boyfriend Guido (Peter Gallagher) while also trying to prevent his son Mario (Michael Sorvino) from changing their family business into a new line pandering to hip hop culture.
Camille (Leslie Mann) is a up-and-coming fashion designer who's leaving the small atelier owned by Roberta Colaredo (Rita Wilson) to join the large fashion house Fantasia, for which her current lover, Jamie (Jeff Goldblum), works as a talent scout.
Anthony (Jared Harris) is a fashion photographer who has to reinvent himself after his signature heroin chic style has become overused and obvious. Janice Crawford (Joanne Baron), powerful chief editor of A Magazine, offers Anthony the chance to prove himself with a cover shot. In the meantime, Janice's estranged daughter Halley (Michelle Williams) resurfaces unexpectedly.
- Joanne Baron as Janice Crawford
- Sonia Braga as Irene Mancini, Lorenzo Mancini's ex-wife
- Carmen Electra as Simone, Mario's girlfriend
- Omar Epps as J.B., a famous rapper who tries to launch his own fashion line through Lorenzo
- Peter Gallagher as Guido, Lorenzo Mancini's live-in boyfriend
- Jeff Goldblum as Jamie, a talent scout for the Fantasia firm and Camille's recent hook-up
- Jared Harris as Anthony, a fashion photographer
- Mariel Hemingway as Leese Hotton, a famous actress Anthony is hired to shoot for the cover of A Magazine
- Leslie Mann as Camille, a talented designer working for Roberta Colaredo's atelier
- Paul Sorvino as Lorenzo Mancini
- Rita Wilson as Roberta Colaredo
- Morena Baccarin as Monica, Roberta Colaredo's assistant
- Angela Bettis as Wilemina, Janice Crawford's assistant
- Coolio as T, an associate of J.B.
- D.W. Brown as Morton, Anthony's assistant
- Hunter Carson as Paul McMichaels, Camille's friend
- Carmen Ejogo as Chloe, Roberta Collaredo's English designer
- Michelle Forbes as Francene, Anthony's live-in girlfriend
- Troy Garity as Simon, Roberta Collaredo's staffer
- Lucy Gordon as Sarah, Roberta Collaredo's staffer
- Harry Hamlin as Hancock, Roberta Collaredo's boyfriend
- Mariska Hargitay as Darcy, an editor at A Magazine
- Gaby Hoffmann as Gabriella Mancini, Lorenzo Mancini's daughter
- Robert Joy as Andrew, Lorenzo Mancini's butler
- Kyle MacLachlan as the business manager pitching Lorenzo Mancini the extravagant "music underwear" idea
- Michelle Monaghan as Penny, Roberta Collaredo's model who decides to leave her atelier
- Steven Chester Prince as Denis, Roberta Collaredo's business manager
- Sonja Sohn as Dandy, Arrianne's agent
- Michael Sorvino as Mario Mancini, Lorenzo Mancini's son
- Lee Tergesen as a lawyer
- Amber Valletta as Blair, Roberta Collaredo's shoe designer
- Estella Warren as Arrianne, a model who refuses to do a nude shot with Anthony
- Michelle Williams as Halley Crawford, Janice Crawford's estranged daughter
- Harris Yulin as Phillip Brosco, a high-ranking manager at Fantasia
- Nominated—Producers Award: Nadia Leonelli
- McCarthy, Todd (31 January 2001). "Perfume". Variety. Retrieved 5 July 2020.
|This 2000s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|