Per Roald Bauhn (born 23 July 1960 in Markaryd, Kronoberg County) is a Swedish philosopher and a professor of practical philosophy at the University of Kalmar since 2004, and at Linnaeus University since 2010. His main subjects include the study of ethics and political philosophy. He has authored books on topics as diverse as nationalism, political terrorism, the virtue of courage, and the duty to rescue. He has also contributed to the field of philosophical aesthetics. Per Bauhn's philosophical work is inspired by the agency-based ethical theory of Alan Gewirth. He is married (since 2013) to Turkish sociologist and women's studies scholar Fatma Fulya Tepe.
- (1989) Ethical Aspects of Political Terrorism : The Sacrificing of the Innocent, Lund: Lund University Press (ISBN 91-7966-064-9); Bromley: Chartwell-Bratt (ISBN 0-86238-207-6).
- (1995) Nationalism and Morality, Lund: Lund University Press (ISBN 91-7966-317-6); Bromley: Chartwell-Bratt (ISBN 0-86238-392-7).
- (1995) Multiculturalism and Nationhood in Canada : The Cases of First Nations and Quebec (co-authors: Christer Lindberg & Svante Lundberg), Lund: Lund University Press (ISBN 91-7966-342-7); Bromley: Chartwell-Bratt (ISBN 0-86238-411-7).
- (1998) "Universal Rights and the Historical Context", European Journal of Development Research. 10:2. 19-32.
- (2003) The Value of Courage, Lund: Nordic Academic Press, ISBN 91-89116-62-3 (hardback).
- (2009) "Aesthetic Identity, Well-Being, and the Right to Beauty", The International Journal of the Arts in Society. 4:1. 71-80.
- (2011) "The Extension and Limits of the Duty to Rescue", Public Reason. 3:1. 39-49.
- (2013) "The Duty to Rescue and the Duty to Aid the Starving", International Dialogue: A Multidisciplinary Journal of World Affairs. 3. 4-37.
- (2014) "Art, Magic, and Agency", The International Journal of Arts Theory and History. 9:1. 1-10.
- (2016) Gewirthian Perspectives on Human Rights (ed.), Abingdon: Routledge, ISBN 9781138649866.
- (2017) Normative Identity, London and New York: Rowman & Littlefield, ISBN 9781783485765.
 Per Bauhn's personal webpage at Linnaeus University.
|This biographical article about a Swedish academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a philosopher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|