|• Type||Panchayati raj|
|• Body||Penumaka gram panchayat|
|• Total||884 ha (2,184 acres)|
|• Density||900/km2 (2,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Penumaka is a neighbourhood of Amaravati, the state capital of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It was a village in Tadepalle mandal of Guntur district, prior to its de–notification as gram panchayat.
Government and politics
Penumaka gram panchayat is the local self-government of the village. It is divided into wards and each ward is represented by a ward member. The ward members are headed by a Sarpanch. The village forms a part of capital city, Andhra Pradesh Capital Region and is under the jurisdiction of APCRDA.
- "Gram Panchayat Identification Codes" (PDF). Saakshar Bharat Mission. National Informatics Centre. p. 120. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 August 2017. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "Declaration of A.P. Capital City Area–Revised orders" (PDF). APCRDA. Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department-Andhra Pradesh. 9 June 2015. p. 3. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 June 2016. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "District Census Hand Book – Guntur" (PDF). Census of India. Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. pp. 14, 264. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "Population". Census of India. Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- "New Andhra capital Amaravati to compete for Smart City tag". The New Indian Express. 25 May 2016. Retrieved 6 June 2016.
- Seetharam, Mukkavilli (1 January 1990). Citizen Participation in Rural Development. Mittal Publications. p. 34. ISBN 9788170992271.
- Social Science. Vk Publications. p. 117. ISBN 9788179732144.
- "Four-lane road to Andhra Pradesh new capital soon". The Hindu. Guntur. 6 August 2015. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "RTC to introduce bus services in Guntur city".
|This article about a location in Guntur district, Andhra Pradesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|