|Local authority||London Borough of Bromley|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|1 July 1863||Opened|
|London transport portal|
Penge East railway station is on the Chatham Main Line in England, serving part of the Penge and Sydenham areas in the London Borough of Bromley, south London. It is 7 miles 15 chains (11.6 km) down the line from London Victoria and is situated between Sydenham Hill and Kent House.
The station is 7.2 miles (11 km) from London Victoria on the Chatham Main Line and was opened on 1 July 1863. It was built by the London, Chatham and Dover Railway and originally known as Penge (LCDR) or Penge Lane, and was renamed Penge East on 9 July 1923. When the line was built a level crossing was built where the line crossed the old alignment of Penge Lane (now Newlands Park Rd and St John's Rd). When the level crossing was closed in about 1879, Penge Lane traffic was diverted down what are now Thesiger Road, Parish Lane and the current Penge Lane.
The covered footbridge with its corrugated roof dates from the 1880s and is a listed structure. The station is close to the South-Eastern portal of Penge Railway Tunnel.
- 4tph (trains per hour) to London Victoria (Southeastern)
- 4tph to Bromley South of which 2 continue to Orpington (Southeastern)
During the morning peak, there are 5 trains to Blackfriars station via Elephant & Castle railway station, and during the evening peak there are 5 trains from Blackfriars that terminate at Beckenham Junction station.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Bromley South Line
Blackfriars to Beckenham Junction
- "London and South East" (PDF). National Rail. September 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on 6 March 2009.
- "Out of Station Interchanges" (XLS). Transport for London. 19 February 2019.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Butt, R.V.J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations. Yeovil: Patrick Stephens Ltd. p. 183. ISBN 1-85260-508-1. R508.
- "The Railways of Beckenham", Andrew Hajducki, 2011[page needed]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Penge East railway station.|