April 8, 1988|
Nobleton, Ontario, Canada
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||190 lb (86 kg; 13 st 8 lb)|
|Representing Canada East|
|World Junior A Challenge|
Paul Zanette (born April 8, 1988) is a Canadian-Italian professional ice hockey player. He is currently an unrestricted free agent who most recently played for the Indy Fuel of the ECHL. In 2011, while playing for the Niagara University Purple Eagles, Zanette was named the Atlantic Hockey Player of the Year, and was a selected as a finalist for the Hobey Baker Award.
Not selected in the NHL draft in 2011, Zanette signed as a free agent with the Rockford Ice Hogs of the American Hockey League for the 2011–12 season, where he started the season until assigned to the Toledo Walleye of the ECHL.
After two successful seasons with Asiago, Zanette left as a free agent, along with brother Marc, to sign with Italian-based club HC Bolzano of the Austrian Hockey League on August 9, 2014. Zanette successfully completed his trial and signed a one-year contract while his brother failed to catch on.
After his contract expired with Asiago, Zanette joined Scottish club, Edinburgh Capitals of the Elite Ice Hockey League, on a two-year contract. After just 35 games, Zanette's contract was terminated "by mutual consent." He then re-joined former club, HC Asiago, for the balance of the Italian 2015-16 season.
On July 21, 2016, Zanette returned to North America, signing a one-year ECHL contract with the Greenville Swamp Rabbits, where he scored 20 points before being traded to the Indy Fuel on January 12, 2017.
Regular season and playoffs
|2004–05||North York Rangers||OPJHL||48||16||13||29||44||—||—||—||—||—|
|2005–06||North York Rangers||OPJHL||48||30||21||51||64||—||—||—||—||—|
|2016–17||Greenville Swamp Rabbits||ECHL||33||9||11||20||16||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honours
|All-Atlantic Hockey First Team||2010–11|||
|Atlantic Hockey Player of the Year||2010–11|||
|AHCA East Second-Team All-American||2010–11|
|Hobey Baker Award Finalist||2010–11|||
- "IceHogs ink Peter Leblanc and Paul Zanette". icehogs.com. June 28, 2011. Retrieved June 28, 2011.
- "Paul Zanette completes move to Asiago" (in Italian). HC Asiago. August 31, 2012. Retrieved August 31, 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Ziga Pance remains, Zanette brothers come". HCB South Tyrol (in German). August 9, 2014. Archived from the original on June 2, 2016. Retrieved August 9, 2014.
- "Capitals sign Paul Zanette to a two-year deal". Edinburgh Capitals. August 6, 2015. Retrieved August 25, 2015.
- "Swamp Rabbits add dynamic offensive threat". Greenville Swamp Rabbits. July 21, 2016. Archived from the original on August 1, 2016. Retrieved July 21, 2016.
- "Indy shuffles roster ahead of trip to Quad City". Indy Fuel. January 12, 2017. Retrieved January 12, 2017.
- "Niagara's Zanette gets Atlantic Hockey player of the year nod". USCHO.com. March 17, 2011. Retrieved March 17, 2011.
- "11 selected as Hobey Baker finalists". news.niagara.edu. March 15, 2011. Retrieved March 15, 2011.
- Biographical information and career statistics from Eliteprospects.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
| Atlantic Hockey Player of the Year
| Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Scoring Trophy
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey player is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|