This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Paul G. Blazer High School|
1500 Blazer Boulevard
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Ashland Independent School District|
|NCES School ID||210015000022|
|Teaching staff||64.40 (on a FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||14.92|
|Color(s)||Maroon, White, Gray|
|Nickname||Tomcats (boys), Kittens (girls)|
Paul G. Blazer High School is a public high school in Ashland, Kentucky, United States. It was named for Paul G. Blazer and is part of the Ashland Independent School District. It replaced the former Ashland High School on Lexington Avenue and the former Booker T. Washington Grade and High School at Seventh Street and Central Avenue in 1962. It is designed in a campus-style layout with seven buildings which is unique among high schools in the region, as most consist of a single building.
- Arliss Beach, National Football League player
- Larry Conley, professional basketball player
- Drew Hall, former Major League Baseball pitcher
- Ashley Judd, actress and political activist
- Wynonna Judd, country singer
- Charlie Reliford, Major League Baseball umpire
- Harold Sergent, former basketball player
- Brandon Webb, former Major League Baseball player, 2006 National League and 2006 Cy Young Award
- Chuck Woolery, game show host, talk show host, and musician
- Robert Smedley, professional wrestler, author
- "Search for Public Schools - Paul G. Blazer High School (210015000022)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved March 7, 2021.
- Kleber, John E. John E. Kleber Editor-in Chief, The Kentucky Encyclopedia: Blazer, Paul Garrett (Lexington : University of Kentucky Press, 1992) Page 87. ISBN 0813128838.
- "All-time winners". MLB.com. Retrieved 20 February 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)