The Paul F. Forman Team Engineering Excellence Award was first introduced as the Engineering Excellence Award by the Optical Society in 1989 and was awarded individually, or shared among individuals. In 2007 it was named in honor of Paul F. Forman. This award recognizes technical achievements in optical engineering as well as contributions to society such as engineering education. It award is sponsored by Zygo Corporation, Canon Inc, Optical Solutions Group at Synopsys, Cambridge Research & Instrumentation, and several individual contributors.
List of winners
Source: The Optical Society
- 2019 Headwall Photonics, Inc., Special Projects Team
- 2018 Adaptive Optics Facility on the Very Large Telescope (VLT) at European Southern Observatory’s Paranal Observatory
- 2017 Guide Star Alliance
- 2016 Advanced LIGO Engineering Team
- 2015 Logic Analysis Tool Team (LAT Team)
- 2014 Intel® Silicon Photonics Solutions Group
- 2013 ZygoLOT Automotive Precision Optical Team
- 2012 Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Lidar Team
- 2011 Tomasz S. Tkaczyk
- 2010 Alan E. Willner
- 2009 Stephen A. Boppart
- 2008 Michael J. Bechtold
- 2007 Ming C. Wu
- 2006 Jean-Claude Diels
- 2005 René-Jean Essiambre
- 2005 Michael G. Littman
- 2004 Shun-Lien Chuang, S. Chandrasekhar
- 2003 L. Ramdas Ram-Mohan, Paul R. Dumas, Mark E. Lowry, Alan H. Gnauck
- 2002 Tim Day, Christopher R. Doerr, David W. Peckham
- 2001 Henry A. Blauvelt, Michael A. Klug, David G. Mehuys, Dale E. Morton
- 2000 J. W. Anello, Jr., A. Erstling, A. C. Tam, R. L. Hartman, L. J. P. Ketelsen, J. A. Grenko, W-T. Tzang
- 1999 Denis Barbier, Valentin Gapontsev, Igor Koltchanov, Olaf Lenzmann, Herman Reedy
- 1998 Lee R. Shiozawa, Kenneth L. Walker
- 1997 Donald M. Combs, John J. Mader, Jeffrey W. Roblee, Edward A. Yobaccio, Paul R. Yoder, Jr.
- 1996 Gary Blough, Teddi C. Laurin
- 1995 Francisco J. Duarte, John D. Gonglewski, Gary Guenther, Melvyn H. Kreitzer, Frank Luecke, David G. Voelz
- 1994 Peter P. Clark, Dale E. Crane, Jay M. Eastman, John Michael Guerra, Jon Van Tassell
- 1993 J. H. Adams, L. G. Cook, G. Duplain, Y. P. Khimich, S. V. Lubarsky, F. R. Nash, P. Parayanthal, D. A. Roberts
- 1992 Bertrand H. Johnson, Louis A. Koszi, Anthony R. Phillips, Jr.
- 1991 Leroy D. Dickson, J. Tendra S. Goela, Un-Chul Paek, Michael A. Pickering, Raymond L. Taylor
- 1990 Lawrence Lin, Eric Rawson
- 1989 Stanley W. Haskell, Robert A. Jones, David Smithgall, Gary Starkweather, Laurence S. Watkins
- "OSA's Engineering Excellence Award Renamed in Honor of Paul F. Forman". Physics Today. AIP Publishing. 2013. doi:10.1063/pt.4.1133. ISSN 1945-0699.
- "Paul F. Forman Team Engineering Excellence Award". The Optical Society. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
- firstname.lastname@example.org (18 September 2018). "ESO's VLT Adaptive Optics Facility receives the 2018 Paul F. Forman Team Engineering Excellence Award". www.eso.org. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
- "aLIGO Engineering Team Receives Prestigious Optical Society Award". Caltech LIGO. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
- "Logic Analysis Tool Team wins Paul F. Forman Team Engineering Excellence Award". MIT EECS. 26 April 2018. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
- Wallace, John. "Intel's Silicon Photonics Group wins OSA's 2014 Paul F. Forman Team Engineering Excellence Award". Laser Focus World. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
- "Georgia Tech Research Institute's Lidar Team Receives OSA's 2012 Paul F Forman Engineering Excellence Award". Photonics Online. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
- "Viterbi School of Engineering - Alan Willner Receives the 2010 Paul F. Forman Engineering Excellence Award". USC. 10 November 2010. Retrieved 8 October 2018.