26 June 1945
|Other names||Paul Gor (Paul哥)|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Spouse(s)||Thelma Leung (divorced)|
|Parent(s)||Yan Fa (father) |
Hung Wei (mother)
|Relatives||Derek Yee (half-brother)|
|Family||David Chiang (brother) |
Yim Wai (sister)
Hong Kong Film Awards – Best Supporting Actor
1986 The Lunatics
1994 C'est la vie, mon chéri
Golden Horse Awards – Best Supporting Actor
1986 The Lunatics
TVB Anniversary Awards – My Favourite Powerhouse Actor
now named: Best Supporting Actor
2003 The King of Yesterday and Tomorrow
My Favourite Television Character
2002 Family Man
Life Achievement Award
2008 Lifetime Achievement
Paul Chun (Chinese: 秦沛; pinyin: Qín Pèi; born 26 June 1945) is a Hong Kong actor. He has appeared in more than 130 films and television series since 1949. In 1966, he appeared in The Sand Pebbles, an American film produced and directed by Robert Wise.
He was born as Chiang Chang-nien (Chinese: 姜昌年; pinyin: Jiāng Chāngnián) in Shanghai, China on 26 June 1945. His father was Yan Fa (严化). His mother was Hung Wei (红薇). Both of his parents were renowned actors.
He is the older brother of actor David Chiang and older half-brother of actor/ director Derek Yee Tung-Shing. His son Benji Chiang and his daughter Lesley Chiang are duo in the pop group "Benji and Lesley".
- Father: Yan Fa (嚴化)
- Mother: Hung Wei (紅薇)
- Brother: David Chiang, Derek Yee (half brother)
- Sister: Yim Wai (嚴慧)
- Ex-Wife: Thelma Leung (梁盛子)
- Children: Benji Chiang (姜文杰), Lesley Chiang (姜麗文)
In 1949, at age three, Chun started his acting career as a child-actor. From 1949 to 1954, Chun appeared in many films such as Chun lei (1949) directed by Li Pingqian and Dang fu xin (1949) directed by Feng Yueh (aka Griffin Yueh Feng) .
In 1966, Chun (credited as Paul Chinpae) appeared as Cho-jen in The Sand Pebbles (1966), an American film produced and directed by Robert Wise. In The Sand Pebbles, Chun was a young militant student killed by Machinist's Mate 1st Class Jake Holman (played by Steve McQueen).
Chun has continuously acted for over 60 years. He is highly respected by many actors of his generation and also regarded as one of the greatest actors in Hong Kong of all time.
In 2010, Chun was the director with Cheyton Jain as co-director in The Chair, the Box, and the Broom (2010), a short film. In 2011, Chun was the director of Earth (2011), an animation short film about a giant robot shooting at some buildings.
- Gendron, Yves. Jan 2007. "Biography of Paul Chun Pui hkcinemagic.com". Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- "Benji & Lesley". youtube.com
- "Benji & Lesley". benjiandlesley.com
- "Benji & Lesley". babybombs.com
- "梁盛子喪禮 姜文杰姜麗文缺席無送花圈". Ming Pao Canada (in Chinese). Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- "Chun lei (1949) imdb.com". Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- "Dang fu xin (1949) imdb.com". Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- "The Chair, the Box, and the Broom (2010) imdb.com". Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- "Earth (2011) imdb.com". Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- 1983. "Wo ai Ye Laixiang (1983) imdb.com". Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- 1983. "All the Wrong Spies (1983) lovehkfilm.com". Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- Paul Chun at hkmdb
- Paul Chun at chinesemov.com