This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Patwardhan may refer to the surname most commonly used by members of Indian Chitpavan Brahmin families.[failed verification] The Karhade Patwardhans belong to the Kashyapa and Naidhruva Gotra and their history in the Rajapur region of the Konkan dates back to 1191 A.D. Copper plate grants have been recovered from the region, which also points to a Gurjar element in these settlers. Today the Karhade Patwardhans are also known by some other surnames such as Gurjar, Padhye, Bhat, Degwekar, Shouche and Huzurbazar.
- Patwardhan dynasty
- Govindrao Patwardhan, harmonium and organ player.
- Anand Patwardhan, Indian documentary filmmaker.
- Waman Dattatreya Patwardhan, Indian nuclear chemist.
- Sudhir Patwardhan, Indian contemporary painter.
- Nikhil Patwardhan, Indian former first-class cricketer.
- Vinayakrao Patwardhan, Indian vocalist.
- Nirmala Patwardhan, Indian ceramic artist.
- Bhagyashree Patwardhan, Indian film actress.
- Achyut Patwardhan, Indian independence activist and political leader and founder of the Socialist Party of India.
- Madhav Tryambak Patwardhan, Marathi poet and scholar who wrote under the pen name Madhav Julian.
- Aditya J Patwardhan, Indian film director, producer and scriptwriter.
- Avinash Balkrishna Patwardhan, Indian civil engineer and lawyer.
- Bhushan Patwardhan, former Vice Chancellor of Symbiosis International University.
- Anant Sadashiv Patwardhan, Indian politician.
- Padma Gole, Marathi poet.
- | The Marathas 1600-1818, Part 2, Volume 4 By Stewart Gordon
- D.R.Bhandarkar - Foreign Elements in the Hindu Population (1968), p 37.
|This page lists people with the surname Patwardhan. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|