The area has three marae belonging to the hapū of Te Aitanga-a-Māhaki. Pakowhai Marae and Te Poho o Hiraina meeting house, and Rongopai Marae and meeting house are a meeting place of Te Whānau a Kai. Takitimu Marae and Te Poho o Whakarau Oratanga a Tamure meeting house are a meeting place of Ngā Pōtiki and Te Whānau a Kai.
- Hariss, Gavin. "Patutahi, Gisborne". topomap.co.nz. NZ Topo Map.
- "Te Kāhui Māngai directory". tkm.govt.nz. Te Puni Kōkiri.
- "Māori Maps". maorimaps.com. Te Potiki National Trust.
- "Education Review Office Report". ero.govt.nz. Education Review Office.
- "Ministry of Education School Profile". educationcounts.govt.nz. Ministry of Education.
|This Gisborne District-related geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|