|Born||3 March 1976|
Manchester, England, UK
|Known for||Role of Mary Taylor|
|Mary Taylor in Coronation Street|
|Television||Coronation Street (2008–)|
|Awards||British Soap Award for Best Comedy Performance in 2011, 2013 and 2016|
Patti Clare (born 3 March 1976) is an English actress, best known for playing Mary Taylor in the ITV soap opera Coronation Street since 2008. She is a three-time winner of the British Soap Award for Best Comedy Performance (2011, 2013 and 2016).
Life and career
Clare was born in Manchester. Her stage acting credits include: Edith in a production of Noël Coward's Blithe Spirit at the Citizen's Theatre in Glasgow in 2000 and the role of Mrs. Micawber in a 2005 production of the stage play David Copperfield at the West Yorkshire Playhouse. Having built up extensive experience in theatre, Clare subsequently expressed interest in transferring to television.
Clare was told that to achieve her goal in working in television it would be in her short-term interest to turn down theatre work. In September 2008, whilst working as an office receptionist, she was offered the part of Mary Taylor in the ITV soap opera Coronation Street. She made her first appearance on 26 November 2008. The character was initially only meant to appear in five episodes. After an initial stint which ended in 2009 Clare was offered a new contract and returned to the serial in January 2010. Television roles prior to and between her appearances as Mary included small roles in the children's fantasy series Young Dracula, a 2008 episode of the science-fiction series Torchwood, an episode of the historical medical drama Casualty 1909 and an episode of the BBC daytime soap opera Doctors. Concurrent to her regular role on Coronation Street Clare also appeared in the 2010 direct to DVD spin off Coronation Street: A Knight's Tale.
Clare has been recognised for her comic scenes on Coronation Street. She was nominated for 'Funniest Performance' at the 2011 Inside Soap Awards and won 'Best Comedy Performance' at the 2011, 2013 and 2016 British Soap Awards.
|2007||Young Dracula||Nurse||1 Episode, Episode Titled: "Insomnia"|
|2008||Torchwood||Ruth||1 Episode, Episode Titled: "Meat"|
|2008–||Coronation Street||Mary Taylor||Series Regular 600+ episodes|
|2009||Casualty 1909||Mrs Palmer||1 Episode, Episode Titled: Episode #1.4|
|2010||Doctors||Geraldine Buck||1 Episode, Episode Titled: "Eyes Open"|
|Coronation Street: A Knight's Tale||Mary Taylor||Coronation Street Spin-Off|
- "Coronation Street star Patti Clarke says she was so desperate to be on soap she wrote to producers". Daily Mirror. 26 August 2010. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- "Patti Clare – Spotlight Actresses 2011/2012". Spotlight. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- "Mary Taylor". ITV.com. Archived from the original on 24 March 2012. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- Green, Kris (9 September 2009). "Patti Clare to make Corrie comeback". Digital Spy. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- Love, Ryan (11 July 2011). "In Full: Inside Soap Awards 2011 Nominees". Digital Spy. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (15 May 2011). "British Soap Awards 2011: The Winners". Digital Spy. Retrieved 19 May 2012.