|Michael M. Garland, CEO|
Hunter Armistead, Executive VP, Business Development
|Owner||CPP Investment Board|
Pattern Energy Group LP is an American company that develops, owns and operates utility scale wind and solar power facilities in the United States, Canada, and Japan. It is headquartered in San Francisco, California with an operations center in Houston, Texas.
Pattern Energy was organized in 2009 by Riverstone Holdings to acquire assets from Babcock & Brown's North American wind energy group. In 2013 the company sold operating assets to Pattern Energy Group Inc. following that company's initial public offering (IPO). The development assets of Pattern Energy were retained by a privately held entity.
On March 16, 2020, Pattern Energy Group Inc. was acquired by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) and taken private through a reverse merger transaction. In connection with the going private transaction, Pattern Energy Group LP acquired 28 renewable energy facilities from Pattern Energy Group Inc. with an aggregate operating capacity of 4.4 gigawatts.
As of June 2020, Pattern Energy owns and/or operates the following operational energy generation facilities:
- Amazon Wind Farm (Fowler Ridge), Benton County, Indiana, United States
- Broadview Wind, Curry County, New Mexico, United States
- Gulf Wind in Kenedy County, Texas, United States
- Grady Wind, Curry County, New Mexico, United States
- Hatchet Ridge Wind in Burney, California, United States
- Logan's Gap Wind, Comanche County, Texas, United States
- Lost Creek Wind, DeKalb County, Missouri, United States
- Ocotillo Wind in Ocotillo, California, United States
- Panhandle Wind, Carson County, Texas, United States
- Panhandle 2 Wind, Carson County, Texas, United States
- Post Rock Wind, Ellsworth and Lincoln Counties, Kansas, United States
- Santa Isabel Wind in Santa Isabel, Puerto Rico
- Stillwater Wind, Stillwater County, Montana, United States
- Armow Wind, Kincardine, Ontario, Canada
- Belle River Wind, Lakeshore, Ontario, Canada
- Grand Renewable Wind, Haldimand County, Ontario, Canada
- Henvey Inlet Wind, Henvey Inlet First Nation Reserve No. 2 Lands, Ontario, Canada
- K2 Wind, Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh, Ontario, Canada
- Meikle Wind, Peace River Regional District, British Columbia, Canada
- Mont Sainte Marguerite Wind, Chaudière-Appalaches region, Quebec, Canada
- North Kent Wind, Ontario, Canada
- South Kent Wind in South Kent, Ontario, Canada
- St. Joseph Wind in St. Joseph, Manitoba, Canada
- Futtsu Solar, Chiba Prefecture, Japan
- Kanagi Solar, Shimane Prefecture, Japan
- Ohorayama Wind, Kochi Prefecture, Japan
- Otsuki Wind, Kochi Prefecture, Japan
- Tsugaru Wind, Aomori Prefecture, Japan
- "Riverstone buys Babcock & Brown's N.A. wind business". Reuters. 2009-06-25. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- Pattern Energy Group Inc. (August 9, 2013). "Form S-1". www.sec.gov. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- "CPPIB wraps up takeover of Pattern Energy". Renewablesnow.com. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- Pattern Energy Group Inc. (February 4, 2020). "Schedule 14A Proxy Statement Pursuant to Section 14(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934". www.sec.gov. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- Pattern Energy Group LP. "Portfoilo". Pattern Energy. Retrieved June 24, 2020.
- Historical business data for Pattern Energy Group Inc.:
- SEC filings