Patricia Howlin in February 2013
Patricia Howlin is Professor of Clinical Child Psychology at the Institute of Psychiatry, London, whose principal research interests focus on autism and developmental disorders including Williams syndrome, developmental language disorders and Fragile X.
Howlin is a Fellow of the British Psychological Society, who has served as Chair of the UK Association of Child Psychology and Psychiatry and the Society for the Study of Behavioural Phenotypes She is a founding editor of the journal Autism.
- Howlin, Patricia (2004). Autism and Asperger syndrome : preparing for adulthood. Routledge. ISBN 9780415309684.
- Howlin Patricia; Goode Susan; Hutton Jane; Rutter Michael (2004). "Adult outcome for children with autism". Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry. 45 (2): 212–229. doi:10.1111/j.1469-7610.2004.00215.x. PMID 14982237.
- Howlin, Patricia; Baron-Cohen, Simon; Hadwin, Julie (1999). Teaching children with autism to mind-read : a practical guide for teachers and parents. Wiley. ISBN 9780585334424.
- Howlin Patricia; Moore Anna (1997). "Diagnosis in Autism A Survey of Over 1200 Patients in the UK". Autism. 1 (2): 135–162. doi:10.1177/1362361397012003.
- "IoP: staff: Howlin, Patricia". Iop.kcl.ac.uk. 2007-10-12. Retrieved 2014-01-15.
- "Professor Patricia Howlin | SLaM National Services". National.slam.nhs.uk. Archived from the original on 2014-01-16. Retrieved 2014-01-15.
- "Early tests predict intellect in adults with autism — SFARI.org - Simons Foundation Autism Research Initiative". Sfari.org. 2014-01-09. Retrieved 2014-01-15.
- "Society Fellow wins lifetime achievement award". British Psychological Society. Retrieved 2014-01-15.