23 March 1917
|Died||23 November 2003 (aged 86)|
|Spouse(s)||Michael William Kimpton|
Duncan C. Macdonald (2 children)
Patricia Burke (23 March 1917 – 23 November 2003), was an English singer and actress in cinema, stage and TV. She was the daughter of actress Marie Burke and British operatic tenor Thomas Burke.
Patricia Burke's most well known films were Lisbon Story (1946) and The Trojan Brothers (1946), and the role of Elizabeth the 1949 TV production of Elizabeth of Ladymead. She appeared in several episodes of the TV series The Adventures of Robin Hood between 1955 and 1958. In 1947-48 she acted in productions of Shakespeare and Shaw at the Old Vic. In 1957 she acted in a production of Aristophanes' Lysistrata at the Royal Court Theatre. Between 1958 and 1972 she played the part of Jimmy Clitheroe's mother in the BBC Radio Series The Clitheroe Kid.
- Jennifer Hale (1937)
- Ship's Concert (1937)
- Lisbon Story (1946)
- While I Live (1947)
- Forbidden (1949)
- The Happiness of Three Women (1954)
- The Desperate Man (1959)
- Marriage of Convenience (1960)
- The Impersonator (1961)
- Dilemma (1962)
- The Day the Fish Came Out (1967)
- Soft Beds, Hard Battles released in US as Undercovers Hero (1974)
- "Patricia Burke".
- "Production of The Taming of the Shrew - Theatricalia". theatricalia.com.
- John D. Vose The Lancashire Caruso: the Life and Times of Tom Burke (1982), reviewed by Paul Morby in Record Collector, Vol. 28, 3&4, 1983, and see also the short article by F.S (Joe) Winstanley in the same issue
- McFarlane, Brian (16 May 2016). The Encyclopedia of British Film: Fourth edition. Oxford University Press. ISBN 9781526111975 – via Google Books.
- "Elizabeth of Ladymead (TV Movie 1949)".
- "The Betrothal (1956)".
- "Patricia Burke".
- Shorter, Eric (24 November 2003). "Patricia Burke" – via The Guardian.
- Patricia Burke at IMDb
- Marie Burke at IMDb
- Patricia Burke obituary - Daily Telegraph, 17 November 2003
- Patricia Burke obituary - The Scotsman, 8 December 2003