Patna Metropolitan Region
|Major Urban areas||Patna |
|• Urban||600 km2 (200 sq mi)|
|• Metro||1,167.04 km2 (450.60 sq mi)|
|• Metro||3.88 million (estimated)|
Patna Metropolitan Region (Hindi: पटना महानगरीय क्षेत्र) is an official definition of the metropolitan area surrounding the Bihar capital city Patna in India. It is also known as the Patna metropolitan area, or Patna planning area. It consists of one municipal corporation and five municipal councils of Patna district. The entire region has an estimated population (as of 2021) of 3,874,000 over an area of 1,167.04 km². The Government of Bihar notified this area on 13 August 2014, replacing PRDA area, which included Hajipur in Vaishali district and Sonpur in Saran district.
In October 2016, Bihar cabinet approved the Patna master plan 2031 which envisages development of Bihta Airport. Bihar government is acquiring 126 acres of land for construction of the new airport. 17.6 km2 of area in Dumri Village in Punpun block of Patna Metropolitan Region has been allocated for IT Park.
- "Patna's draft master plan in public domain today". The Times of India. 14 August 2014. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- "Master Plan for Patna, 2031" (PDF). Center for Environmental Planning and Technology. Urban Development & Housing Dept., Government of Bihar. 18 November 2014. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- "Notification No. 337, dated 13th August, 2014" (PDF). Urban Development & Housing Dept., Government of Bihar. 11 September 2014. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- "Notification No. 337, dated 13th August, 2014" (PDF). Urban Development & Housing Dept., Government of Bihar. 13 August 2014. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- "Growth goes west, south & green Master plan to add more areas". The Telegraph (Calcutta). 13 February 2014. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- "Land identified to make Bihta airport operational for flyers".
- "���ुनपुन की डुमरी में विकसित होगी बिहार की आइटी सिटी".
|This article related to a location in Bihar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|