This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
16 July 1945
|Died||10 October 2016 (aged 71)|
|Spouse(s)||Adi Burjorji Godrej|
|Children||Nisaba Adi Godrej |
Pirojsha Adi Godrej
Tanya Arvind Dubash
Parmeshwar was born in a Sikh family on 16 July 1945, the daughter of an army officer. She was 17 when she met Adi Godrej, then 21. Before her marriage to Adi Godrej, she was one of the first air hostesses for Air India. They married in 1965, and had three children: daughters Tanya Dubash and Nisa Godrej and son Pirojsha Adi Godrej.
Godrej was frequently described as one of India's premier socialites and power brokers. She was known for her work combating AIDS in India through the Heroes Project, an initiative she launched in 2004 with Hollywood actor Richard Gere and support from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Clinton Global Initiative.
Godrej designed costumes and look for actor Hema Malini in her film Dharmatma (1975) on the request of her good friend Feroz Khan who was the Actor, Director and Producer of the same film.
- "The Sunday Tribune - Spectrum".
- "The Sunday Tribune - Spectrum". www.tribuneindia.com. Retrieved 4 April 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Parmeshwar Godrej: Queen Bee".
- "Parmeshwar Godrej".
- "BUSINESS TODAY".
- "The secret society of social butterflies". The Times of India.
- "Parmeshwar Godrej's dream goal". dna. 12 March 2010.
- "Heroes Project". Archived from the original on 1 September 2013. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Richard Gere and Parmeshwar Godrej Launch The Heroes Project To Mobilize Societal Leaders and the Media Industry to Fight AIDS in India". Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Abrol, Somya (11 October 2016). "Socialite and businesswoman Parmeshwar Godrej passes away". India Today. Retrieved 11 October 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Philanthropist, Businesswoman Parmeshwar Godrej Dies At 70". NDTV. Retrieved 13 October 2016.