Parliament of Navarre
Parlamento de Navarra
|10th Parliament of Navarre|
First Vice President
Second Vice President
Supported by (1)
|2019 Navarrese regional election|
The Parliament's functions are regulated by the "Organic Law on the Reintegration and Improvement of the Autonomous Regime in Navarre" (Ley Orgánica de Reintegración y Amejoramiento del Régimen Foral de Navarra, also known as LORAFNA). These functions include representing the Navarre people, approving the laws and General Budget and electing and controlling the President, as in any other parliamentary system.
Structure and distribution
Currently, the Parliament is composed by 50 members. The chamber's size can be set by law between 40 and 70. Representatives are elected directly for four-year terms and all renewed simultaneously.
In the 2015 election, 15 seats were won by Navarrese People's Union, 9 by Geroa Bai, 8 by EH Bildu, 7 by Podemos/Ahal Dugu, 7 by Socialist Party of Navarre, 2 by the People's Party and 2 by Izquierda-Ezkerra.
- "Functions of the Legislative Chamber". Archived from the original on 2008-07-16. Retrieved 2007-02-07.
- Textos, Institucionales, Ley Orgánica 13/1982, de 10 de agosto, de reintegración y amejoramiento del régimen foral de Navarra, Título I, De las instituciones Forales de Navarra, CAPITULO II. Del Parlamento o Cortes
- "Resultados Electorales y Composición del Parlamento de Navarra: VII Legislatura (2007-2011)". Archived from the original on 2009-06-21. Retrieved 2009-05-08.
- Official site (in English)
- "Organic Law on the Reintegration and Improvement of the Autonomous Regime in Navarre" (LORAFNA) (In Spanish)
- "PDF version of the above" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-12-12. (82.2 KiB) (In Spanish)
|This Navarre-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|