|Years active||2008 – present|
|Past members||Melissa Veras|
Papercutz (stylized as :papercutz or :PAPERCUTZ) is a Portuguese Electronic music act formed as a side project  in Porto that became a fully active band in 2008. Bruno Miguel is the only official member of Papercutz and solely responsible for its musical direction. After recordings, Bruno assembles a live band to perform with him which may include musicians used on studio recordings. Past musicians have included vocalists Melissa Veras, a US singer with Portuguese ascendancy born in New York  and Portuguese Marisa Pinto, Marcela Freitas as well as instrumentalists Bruno Ribeiro, Tiago Morgado and Francisco Bernardo, among others.
Annie Nightingale stated them has having an 'interesting and making an original sound'  as one of the juries on the UK The People's Music Awards in 2009 where the group performed live and won the off the beaten track category. The same year the debut album Lylac was released on Canadian independent record label Apegenine recordings whose artist roster featured artists such as Montreal's own David Kristian or Khonnor and the single Ultravioleta rmx's included remixes by Riz Maslen(aka Neotropic) and the first ever release by now known The Sight Below just before his signing to Ghostly International. The album was well received by the press and music community and featured in such publications as Textura, Cuemix-magazine, Tokafi, Cylic Defrost, Subba-cultcha Organ Mag with Record Collector comparing Bruno's precision work to that of Four Tet.
The group toured in 2009 and 2010 promoting their debut album throughout Europe and U.S. with showcases on festivals such as SXSW and Exit Festival and signed to UK Audiobulb Records a new remix album Do outro lado do espelho (Lylac ambient reworks) spawned out of Lylac's textures with Drowned in Sound calling the album 'notably coherent and engaging' unlike other remix records featuring relevant ambient music artists like Taylor Deupree, Keith Kenniff, ex-member of UK ‘shoegaze’ icons Slowdive and Lowgold drummer Simon Scott among many others that Bruno personally invited to work on his music.
By end of 2011 news, came out that the band was working on a new still untitled album. Their new songs made an early debut at the 2012 edition of South by Southwest where it was noted the band had been working with producer Chris Coady in New York City. and were showcasing their new single "Rivers" which presented the band in a beat-heavy, darkened version of their leftfield dream pop.
The new album "The Blur Between Us" was released on 10 July 2012 and sees the band growing music wise with a push toward more eclectic sounds  and personally with Miguel writing and dealing lyrically with feelings of loss for the first time in his adult years.
Early 2013, Miguel was selected as a participant Red Bull Music Academy that brought him back to New York City where the band played new shows and took a couple of months of to record new material for an upcoming EP with big expectation from the likes of MTV Iggy.
The band had an hiatus to pursue other musical endeavors and news of a comeback appeared by Fall of 2016.In October 2016, :papercutz was confirmed to play at the 31st edition of Eurosonic Noorderslag in Groningen, NL. In 2017 the band released an new well received single   and have been touring throughout 2018 with shows in U.S. and Europe having announced the upcoming release of a their new full length album 'King Ruiner'. 
- :PAPERCUTZ – The Blur Between Us (Extended Japanese Edition) Kilk Records – 2013
- :PAPERCUTZ – The Blur Between Us – Sounds Of A Playground/Rastilho Records – 2012
- :PAPERCUTZ – Do outro lado do espelho (Lylac ambient reworks) – Audiobulb Records – 2010
- :PAPERCUTZ – Lylac – 2008 – Apegenine recordings
- :PAPERCUTZ – Ultravioleta rmx's – 2008 – Apegenine recordings
- :PAPERCUTZ - Rivers MTV Iggy (2013)
- :PAPERCUTZ - Where Beasts Die IMVDb (2013)
- :PAPERCUTZ - Lylac (Helios remix) MTV (2010)
|Year||Nominee / work||Award||Result|
|2009||:papercutz||TPMA "Off the beaten track" category||Won|
|:papercutz||Vodafone/MySpace Portugal The Ones to Watch||Won|
|2010||"A secret search"||International Songwriting Competition (Dance/Electronica)||Won|
- ":PAPERCUTZ". Enchufada. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- ":PAPERCUTZ". Enchufada. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Interview with :papercutz". Tokafi.com. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
-  Archived 12 November 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- "The Peoples Music Awards - listen to free new music from unsigned bands". Thepeoplesmusicawards.com. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- ":papercutz – Ultravioleta Rmx's (Apegenine) - Headphone Commute". Headphone Commute. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "textura". Textura.org. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
-  Archived 8 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- "CD Feature/ :papercutz: "Lylac"". Tokafi.com. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Cyclic Defrost". Cyclic Defrost. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
-  Archived 11 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- "ORGAN MAGAZINE ON LINE: CONTACT & SWITCH THE OTHER". Organart.demon.co.uk. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Do Outro Lado Do Espelho (Lylac Ambient Reworks) - Record Collector Magazine". Recordcollectormag.com. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- Slacker, Inc. "AOL Radio - Listen to Free Online Radio - Free Internet Radio Stations and Music Playlists". Spinner.com. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Faith No More, Klaxons & More Join Exit Festival". Clickmusic.com. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Articulate Silences, Ambient Sounds #4". DrownedInSound. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- ":Papercutz's Ambient Pop Adventure". MTV Iggy. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- ":papercutz". SXSW Schedule 2012. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- ":Papercutz — Rivers". MTV Iggy. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Prefix Premiere: :PAPERCUTZ, 'Where Beasts Die'". Prefixmag. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- Taylor Fife. ":papercutz". XLR8R. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- Duncan Cooper. "Stream Papercutz' Album The Blur Between Us". The FADER. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Papercutz". Redbullmusciacademy.com. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Inside the Red Bull Music Academy - New York 2013 • Nialler9". Nialler9. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "That! featuring Mykki Blanco, LE1F, Laurel Halo and more at Glasslands Gallery". Imposemagazine.com. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "ISSUU - Fourculture issue 8 by fourculture". Issuu.com. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "5 Crucial Electronic Artists You Didn't Hear in 2013". MTV Iggy. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qELuyHvnUIs%7C Video news of a comeback "a message from the outside"
- "Eurosonic Noorderslag confirms new acts – Eurosonic Noorderslag". Eurosonic Noorderslag. Archived from the original on 12 October 2016. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- :PAPERCUTZ site (official site)