|Paolo e Francesca|
|Directed by||Raffaello Matarazzo|
|Produced by||Giuseppe Bordoni|
|Music by||Alessandro Cicognini|
|Edited by||Mario Serandrei|
Paolo e Francesca (Paolo and Francesca), also known as Legend of Love, is a 1950 Italian historical melodrama film directed by Raffaello Matarazzo and starring Odile Versois and Armando Francioli. It is loosely based on real life events of Paolo Malatesta and Francesca da Polenta.
Italy, 13th century. Two families have just restored peace thanks to the marriage of Gianciotto Malatesta with the beautiful Francesca. Before the wedding, Malatesta sends his brother Paolo to his bride, who inevitably falls in love with Francesca. Theirs is a doomed love because it is immediately discovered by Malatesta, who kills the two lovers out of jealousy.
- Odile Versois as Francesca
- Armando Francioli as Paolo Malatesta
- Andrea Checchi as Gianciotto Malatesta
- Aldo Silvani as The Astrologer
- Roberto Murolo as The Court Jester
- Sergio Fantoni
- Enzo Musumeci Greco as Captain Manfredo
- Nino Marchesini as Count Giulio Ilovello
- Angela Lavagna as The Mother Badessa
- Parish, James Robert; Canham, Kingsley (1976). Film Directors Guide: Western Europe. p. 189. ISBN 9780810809086.
- Roberto Chiti; Roberto Poppi; Enrico Lancia (1991). Dizionario del cinema italiano: I film. Gremese. ISBN 8876055487.
- Paolo Mereghetti (2010). Il Mereghetti – Dizionario dei film. B.C. Dalai Editore. ISBN 978-8860736260.