|Owned by||Thessaloniki Metro|
|Parking||2000 park and ride spaces|
Panepistimio (Greek: Πανεπιστήμιο, literally University) is an under-construction metro station serving Thessaloniki Metro's Line 1 and Line 2. The station is named after the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki; it also serves the University of Macedonia. Construction of the station has been delayed by major archaeological finds, and it is designated as a mid-importance archaeological site by Attiko Metro, the company overseeing its construction. It is expected to enter service in 2020.
Panepistimio station appears in the 1988 Thessaloniki Metro proposal, and construction of a 650 m (2,130 ft) section of the system began here in the same year before being abandoned due to lack of funding.
- Attiko Metro A.E. "Ιστορικό" [History]. www.ametro.gr (in Greek). Retrieved 17 August 2018.
- "Θεσσαλονίκη: Νοέμβριο του 2020 παραδίδεται η 1η γραμμή μετρό Νέα Ελβετία-Συντριβάνι" [Thessaloniki: The 1st line from Nea Elvetia to Sintrivani will be opened in 2020]. www.iefimerida.gr (in Greek). 20 March 2018. Retrieved 13 August 2018.
- Attiko Metro A.E. "Thessaloniki Metro Lines Development Plan" (PDF). www.ametro.gr. Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 August 2018. Retrieved 20 August 2018.
- Attiko Metro A.E. "Αρχαιολογικές ανασκαφές" [Archaeological excavations]. www.ametro.gr (in Greek). Retrieved 13 August 2018.
- "Κι όμως! Το ΜΕΤΡΟ Θεσσαλονίκης είναι έτοιμο (στα χαρτιά) από το 1987!" [It's true! The Thessaloniki Metro was ready (on paper) in 1987 already!]. www.karfitsa.gr (in Greek). Retrieved 13 August 2018.
|This article about a Greek railway station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This rapid transit-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|