|Born||26 November 1916|
|Died||April 2001 aged 84|
|Major racing wins|
Scottish Greyhound Derby
Welsh Greyhound Derby
Scurry Gold Cup
The Puppy Derby
(1971), (1973), (1974)
All England Cup
Pall Mall Stakes
|United Kingdom Trainer of the Year|
Based from Beaverwood Kennels, Perry Street in Chislehurst he produced a string of major competition winners. He maintained the status of a private trainer from 1966 until 1983 before joining Catford Stadium as an attached trainer.   
He came to prominence in 1966 when a greyhound called Dusty Trail finished runner-up in the 1966 English Greyhound Derby. The greyhound went on to become the Greyhound of the Year after winning the Scottish Greyhound Derby, finishing runner-up in the Welsh Greyhound Derby and winning both the International and Pall Mall Stakes. 
In 1968 he trained Yellow Printer and steered Shanes Rocket to success in the Gold Collar. Two more Derby finalists arrived during the 1970 English Greyhound Derby when Hymus Silver finished fourth and the 1972 English Greyhound Derby when Scintillas Gem also finished fourth, behind the great Patricias Hope. He then reached two more Derby finals in 1974 and 1975 with Handy High and Foreign Exchange respectively before winning the 1975 Welsh Derby with Baffling Bart and the 1979 Gold Collar with Gayflash. 
In addition he also won three Puppy Derbys, three Wembley Spring Cups, two Select Stakes, two Wood Lane Stakes, two Edinburgh Cups, the All England Cup, Ebor Stakes, Essex Vase, Greenwich Cup, Golden Jacket, Select Stakes, Longcross Cup, Steel City Cup, Sussex Cup, Coronation Stakes and a Scurry Gold Cup.  
- Genders, Roy (1981). The Encyclopedia of Greyhound Racing. Pelham Books Ltd. ISBN 07207-1106-1.
- Genders, Roy (1975). The Greyhound and Racing Greyhound. Page Brothers (Norwich). ISBN 0-85020-0474.
- Barnes, Julia (1988). Daily Mirror Greyhound Fact File. Ringpress Books. ISBN 0-948955-15-5.
- Genders, Roy (1990). NGRC book of Greyhound Racing. Pelham Books Ltd. ISBN 0-7207-1804-X.
- Dack, Barrie (1990). Greyhound Derby, the first 60 years, pages 123/124/125. Ringpress Books. ISBN 0-948955-36-8.
- Barnes/Sellers, Julia/John (1992). Ladbrokes Greyhound Fact File. Ringpress Books. ISBN 0-948955-22-8.
- Dack, Barrie (1990). Greyhound Derby, the first 60 years, pages 133/134/135/136. Ringpress Books. ISBN 0-948955-36-8.
- Dack, Barrie (1990). Greyhound Derby, the first 60 years, pages 140/141/142/143. Ringpress Books. ISBN 0-948955-36-8.
- "Remember When - September 2019". Greyhound Star.
- "Monthly Greyhound Star (Remember When 1996) December edition". Greyhound Star.
- "Remember When - May 1992". Greyhound Star.
- "Monthly Greyhound Star (Remember When) October edition". Greyhound Star. 2012.