This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pablo Delgado is a Mexico-born London-based street artist who emerged in 2011 and rose to prominence in the London street art scene. Since 2012 he has been decorating East London's street corners with his inventive and humorous miniatures.
His early work consisted of miniature doorways pasted up on the edges of walls.
Soon, Pablo began expanding into detailed narratives, meticulously depicting hosts of people, animals and objects in minutia around London.
His style involves taking imagery from mass media or popular culture, stripping it of colour before arranging the tiny figures into surreal scenes and compositions. His style is peculiarly known for the distinctive black shadows cast on the pavement that give a lifelike quality to his work, causing them to pop off the surface. The scenes themselves appear fantastical, chaotic and seemingly unrelated, but each contain their own narratives and stories that, with the locations, are carefully chosen in order to contribute to the story.
In May 2013, Delgado exhibited at the Dulwich Festival 2013
In May 2014, Delgado had a solo exhibition entitled Even Less at Howard Griffin Gallery in Shoreditch London. Mr Howard-Griffin explained: “He wanted to make an exhibition that looks as though it isn’t there, so when you walk in it doesn’t look as though there is an exhibition, you see nothing, but when you look around at the details you can see there are narratives and stories going on.”
In February 2015, Delgado opened his first exhibition is the US at Howard Griffin Gallery Los Angeles
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pablo Delgado.|
- Pablo Delgado's small world, The Guardian, 2011
- 25 Shoreditch Street Artists You Need to Know, Complex, 2013
- Pablo Delgado's Street Art London Interview, 2011
- 25 Shoreditch Street Artists You Need to Know, complex, 2013
- Pablo Delgado's work at the Village Underground Wall, London.
- Pablo Delgado at the Pure Evil Gallery
- Pablo Delgado, Dulwich Festival 2013.
- Pablo Delgado, Street Museum of Art, Canada Archived 2016-03-05 at the Wayback Machine.
- East Wing Biennale's official website Archived 2014-03-17 at the Wayback Machine.
- Pablo Delgado's commission for the East Wing Biennale.
- Pablo Delgado: Even Less, Howard Griffin Gallery, 2014 http://howardgriffingallery.com/exhibitions/pablo-delgado-even-less/
- Street artist Pablo Delgado launches perverse show, Even Less Hackney Gazette
- Howard Griffin Gallery LA, 2015
- Nelly Duff https://www.nellyduff.com/