Seal of PSG Tech
|Motto||Knowledge and Service|
|Principal||Dr. K. Prakasan |
PSG College of Technology is an autonomous, government aided, private engineering college in Coimbatore, India. It is affiliated with Anna University.It is ranked as one of the top private institution in India. It is affiliated to PSG and Sons Charities Trust.
PSG Industrial institute was established in 1926 by PSG and Sons Charities in Peelamedu, Coimbatore. The engineering college was started in the institute campus in 1951 by G. R. Damodaran, who became its first principal. The college was conferred autonomous status by University of Madras in 1978, which was continued by the Bharathiar University and subsequently by Anna University since 2001.
About 48 full-time and part-time programs in science, engineering and management at undergraduate and postgraduate levels by the 11 engineering and technology, computer applications, management sciences, basic sciences and humanities departments. The institute offers three 5-year integrated sandwich engineering courses which combines class room coaching with industrial training, one of the few in the country to offer such a course. Among the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes offered by the college, many are accredited by the National Board of Accreditation of the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). Being autonomous, the college frames its own curricula, updates syllabus, introduces new courses and is empowered to administer its own evaluation system. Since 1960, PSG College of Technology has been publishing the "PSG Design Data Book", the engineering Data hand book, used throughout the country by engineers and students. More than 505 research scholars are pursuing research programmes leading to PhD/MS/M.Tech degrees and the college is a recognized QIP centre for Postgraduate and PhD programmes.
|General – India|
|NIRF (Overall) (2019)||76|
|Engineering – India|
|Outlook India (2018)||17|
|India Today (2018)||6|
|Business/Management – India|
Among engineering colleges in India, PSG College of Technology ranked 6th in private engineering colleges by India Today in 2018, and 17 among all engineering colleges in India by Outlook India in 2018. The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranked it 44 among engineering institutes in 2019 and 76 overall. NIRF also ranked it 37 in the management ranking.
The Students Union is the apex body which controls all the aspects of student life including associations, clubs and societies.
Clubs: Tech Music, Drawing and Painting Club, Photography Club, Dramatic Club, Planning Forum etc...
Apart from these clubs, student wings of NCC and NSS also function on campus.
PSG Tech hostel was established on 27 February 1958. The hostels accommodates about 4300 students in 14 blocks named from A to N of which 5 blocks dedicated to women. There are five student dining halls, an auditorium, a library, a computer center and a guest house attached to the hostels.
Since 2005, the college conducts an international techno-management festival called Kriya. Every year in February, PSG also plays host to Renaissance, a two-day inter-collegiate cultural festival. Intrams is the intra-college cultural festival which is conducted in September.
- Aparna B Marar, classical dancer
- Y. S. Chowdary, former Minister of State, Science and Technology & Earth Sciences, Government of India
- Cottalango Leon, winner of Academy Award
- Ganesh Devaraj, founder, Soliton Technologies
- Gopal Menon, documentary filmmaker
- Jose K. Mani, Member of Parliament in the Rajya Sabha
- Kalidhindi B. R. Varma, Vice-chancellor, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning
- G. V. Loganathan, former professor, Virginia Tech
- Madhusudhan Rao Lagadapati, executive chairman of Lanco Infratech
- Mahesh Muthuswami, cinematographer
- Mylswamy Annadurai, director of Chandrayaan-1 and Chandrayaan-2, ISRO
- K. Pandiarajan, businessman and politician
- Ramachandran Govindarasu, former secretary of ADMK (IT Wing)
- A. G. Ramakrishnan, professor, Indian Institute of Science
- Shiv Nadar, chairman and CSO of HCL Technologies
- Siva Umapathy, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar laureate
- Sundar Raman, CEO of Reliance Sports and Cricket Administrator
- Sundaram Karivardhan, industrialist and motorsport pioneer
- C Vijayakumar, CEO, HCL Technologies
- "List of Principals". www.psgtech.edu. PSG College of Technology. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "About us, PSG Tech". Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Coimbatore's charity trusts have ensured that the district has a unique place in the areas of higher education and medical care". Frontline. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2019 (Overall)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2019.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2019 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "Top 100 Engineering Colleges In 2018". Outlook India. 24 May 2018.
- "India's Best Colleges 2018: Engineering - Private". India Today. 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2019 (Management)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2019.
- "Best Private Engineering Colleges 2018 in India". www.indiatoday.in. Retrieved 28 February 2019.
- "Clubs of PSG Tech". Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Kriya Techno-Management Festival". Retrieved 15 March 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to PSG College of Technology.|