The Father/Son Challenge is an annual golf tournament for two-player teams, consisting of PGA Tour and Champions Tour golfers and (usually) their sons. It is played over two days (36 holes) for the Willie Park Trophy, in memory of the father and son British Open champions Willie Park Snr and Willie Park Jnr. The field of twenty teams plays a scramble format. In 2012 the prize fund was $1,000,000; the tournament is jointly owned by IMG and NBC Sports.
The fathers need to have won a major championship or The Players Championship (often called the "fifth major") to be eligible for an invitation. The junior team members range from middle school age up, and sometimes include a few with tour golf careers of their own, but cannot be a touring professional at the time of the tournament.
Venues have been as follows:
- 1995–98 Vero Beach, Florida
- 1999 Twin Eagles Golf Club in Naples, Florida
- 2000–02 The Ocean Club in Paradise Island, Bahamas
- 2003–08 Champions Gate Golf Resort in Orlando, Florida
- 2009–11 not played
- 2012– Ritz-Carlton Golf Club in Orlando, Florida
The event's name took on a somewhat looser interpretation when Fuzzy Zoeller teamed up with his daughter Gretchen in 2005. In 2013 and 2016, Bernhard Langer played with his daughter Christina, and in 2013, Arnold Palmer played with his grandson Sam Saunders.
- PNC Father-Son Challenge
- 2016 David Duval and Nick Karavites
- 2015 Lanny Wadkins and Tucker Wadkins
- 2014 Bernhard Langer and Jason Langer
- 2013 Stewart Cink and Connor Cink
- 2012 Davis Love III and Davis "Dru" Love IV
- Del Webb Father/Son Challenge
- 2009–11 No tournament
- 2008 Larry Nelson and Drew Nelson
- 2007 Larry Nelson and Josh Nelson
- 2006 Bernhard Langer and Stefan Langer
- MBNA WorldPoints Father/Son Challenge
- 2005 Bernhard Langer and Stefan Langer
- Office Depot Father/Son Challenge
- 2004 Larry Nelson and Drew Nelson
- 2003 Hale Irwin and Steve Irwin
- 2002 Craig Stadler and Kevin Stadler
- 2001 Raymond Floyd and Robert Floyd
- 2000 Raymond Floyd and Robert Floyd
- 1999 Jack Nicklaus and Gary Nicklaus
- 1998 Bob Charles and David Charles
- 1997 Raymond Floyd and Raymond Floyd Jr.
- 1996 Raymond Floyd and Raymond Floyd Jr.
- 1995 Raymond Floyd and Raymond Floyd Jr.
- The flags represent the nationalities of the fathers.
- Crouse, Karen (May 7, 2013). "Men's Fifth Major May Remain Mythical". The New York Times. Retrieved June 27, 2013.
- Burke, Monte (May 9, 2012). "The Players Championship Is Not The "5th Major," But It's Still A Great Tournament". Forbes. Retrieved June 27, 2013.
- "Father/Son Challenge returns with PNC as sponsor". PGA Tour. March 24, 2012. Archived from the original on March 26, 2012. Retrieved June 20, 2012.