Owen Hood Phillips (1907 - 1986) was Barber Professor of Jurisprudence in the University of Birmingham and Dean of the Faculty of Law, Vice-Principal and Pro-Vice-Chancellor of that university.
He was the author of the following books:
- Principles of English Law and the Constitution.
- A First Book of English Law.
- Constitutional and Administrative Law.
- Leading Cases in Constitutional and Administrative Law.
- Reform of the Constitution. 1970.
- Shakespear and the Lawyers. 1972.
- L. Neville Brown, "Phillips, Owen Hood (1907–1986)", rev. Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press, 2004, accessed 14 March 2013.
- "PHILLIPS, Prof. Owen Hood", Who Was Who, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 1920–2008; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2012 ; online edn, Nov 2012, accessed 14 March 2013.